Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading baseband with bootloader 5.9 (question)

Default downgrading baseband with bootloader 5.9 (question)
    i know this might be insanely stupid but would there be a way to erase the bootloader on an iphone 3g and restore to an older iphone version?

or in theory if someone that had an iphone 3g with booloader 5.9 were to get ALL of their system files through ssh and someone else download them and replace through ssh (kind of like a brain transplant) could that work?
    Last edited by samson721; 2009-04-22 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Nope and nope
    To live, you have to lie

haha, go ahead and try but you will find out quickly that you have successfully bricked your phone

where are the booloader files located on the iphone?

i wasnt joking that you will have a bricked phone. you will never be able to use your iphone ever again if you do that

its just not posible because there is no Security hole now on 5.9 BL in fact that make us unable to speak to the BL during the iBoot.

either way 5.8BL has a flaw but its just not in the iBoot So thats way only you can manage the baseband and not the BL on 5.8

But isn't the bootloader just software or is it an improved version of the hardware? And, I mean, if it's software, shouldn't you be able to restore the BL to a previous version?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

hardware

But isn't the bootloader on the iPhone exactly like the bootloader on a computer? Code that runs the OS?
    Last edited by TreoTra93; 2009-05-14 at 08:33 PM.

It is installed on a different chip that can not be accessed.
    It can not be done.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It can be done. No one has figured out how to do it yet, that's the problem. Trust me I am a computer programmer and I know it is possible somehow. I F**King HATE APPLE as of right now. I am in the process of doing this but I have failed for the past 9hrs of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonma View Post
    It can be done. No one has figured out how to do it yet, that's the problem. Trust me I am a computer programmer and I know it is possible somehow. I F**King HATE APPLE as of right now. I am in the process of doing this but I have failed for the past 9hrs of trying.
    Time travel can be done just no one has figured out how to yet.
    Do you think you are the only programmer that has looked at this? Or ius it just that you think you are better than the Dev team?
    I look forward to your solution.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Time travel can be done just no one has figured out how to yet.
    Do you think you are the only programmer that has looked at this? Or ius it just that you think you are better than the Dev team?
    I look forward to your solution.
    I didn't mean to hurt your feelings when I said that..lol... It can be done and I am not saying I am going to be the first one to successfully do it but it's worth trying it. Nor am I saying I am in anyway better than the Dev Team. By the way if Apple can do it, what makes you think someone else can't do it? I am only here to try to help the iPhone community not start bashing wars. I believe I am here for the same reason as you are. Just for a correction I meant it was possible to downgrade the baseband not bootloader (I know that's hardware).
    Last edited by brocktonma; 2009-05-15 at 10:39 PM.

The Dev team have explained why it can't be done - apart from by replacing the chip the BL is on.
    And Apple seam to be unable to change the BL themselves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The Dev team have explained why it can't be done - apart from by replacing the chip the BL is on.
    And Apple seam to be unable to change the BL themselves.
    I see what you are saying and you are right. I was referring to the baseband not bootloader

BB 2.30 I am sure can be unlocked but if any unlock is realeased before FW 3.0 is officially released Apple will block the hole and ruin it for everyone. That is why the dev team will not release anything until the official FW3.0 release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I glad that the Dev Team won't release because it will mess it up for everyone. I just trying to do it on my own and if it works great, if it doesn't I can wait.

But how come you can change it on the iphone 2g?

Quote Originally Posted by TreoTra93 View Post
    But how come you can change it on the iphone 2g?
    Because Apple can't change the Boot Loader the BB on the 2G can always be downgraded and always unlocked.
    The BL on the 3G had a hole when it was released but Apple soon blocked it.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-05-16 at 12:14 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

TreoTra93 (2009-05-16)

Yeah that's true, hadn't really thought about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast