Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading baseband with bootloader 5.9 (question)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonma View Post
    It can be done. No one has figured out how to do it yet, that's the problem. Trust me I am a computer programmer and I know it is possible somehow. I F**King HATE APPLE as of right now. I am in the process of doing this but I have failed for the past 9hrs of trying.
    Good post mate!

I have a iphone that i got from ebay 3g 16gb,it was ok when i got it,when i stuck the rebel sim in it,any network sim would work in it.After a while i installed iphone os 3.0 beta 5,after this point,the rebel sim no longer works.shows as bootloader 5.9,now before i updated it was fine,so i guess it's not a hardware issue here but software?

correct me if i'm wrong

I also reverted back to 2.2.1,but the bootloader has messed thinks i guess,i'm not bothered coz i'm with 02 uk anyway,and i wanted to test the new 3.0 os
    Last edited by shageexx; 2009-05-19 at 10:16 PM. Reason: missing bits

Quote Originally Posted by shageexx View Post
    Good post mate!

correct me if i'm wrong
    You are wrong.
    But right in thinking it's a software issue.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Well, the rebel sim is a sim card. I mean, do you know if the rebel sim works with any bootloader? When you downgraded it, you tried to unlock it with the sim, and it failed? because, if the bootloader was upgraded, you have to be able to downgrade it, but then again, nobody knows how yet, but there's hope x)

The bootloader is not an issue. The rebel SIM is NOT a SIM card, just a piggyback to fool the network. What's your point?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

samson721 question was reasonable even though i was not practicle.
    are all 2.2.1 firmwares the same? how about is we can restore the phone to a early 2.2.1 FW so it might have the 5.8 BL in it.

Quote Originally Posted by inthiquab View Post
    samson721 question was reasonable even though i was not practicle.
    are all 2.2.1 firmwares the same? how about is we can restore the phone to a early 2.2.1 FW so it might have the 5.8 BL in it.
    Yeah, if it's software based, maybe.
    But then it should've worked with downgrading to 2.2 but might be worth a try. If someone is about to restore his or her iPod/iPhone.

The BL is not in the FW - it's in the hardware on a separate NOR chip. The only way to change it is to remove and reprogram the chip.

But when you upgrade your phone, the BL also gets updated. So it has to have something to do with the Firmware

Please get your facts straight. The BL on your phone NEVER changes.

Okay, it's the baseband, sorry.

I have studied the Bootloader matter, and even apple is unable to overwrite it because its non-rewrittable BIOS chip, with write protections enabled, even apple is not able to pass by from write protections that chip have, its intentionally that way, so broken bootloader chip = dead iphone.

But quite much everything else in iPhone is reprogrammable or upgradeable software wise.

Yes, I've also heard that. Well, too bad, but I hope that the Baseband issue can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoTra93 View Post
    Yes, I've also heard that. Well, too bad, but I hope that the Baseband issue can be fixed.

What BaseBand issue? There isn't one with UltraSn0w.

Seriously? SWEEEET!

Angry Issue with Baseband
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What BaseBand issue? There isn't one with UltraSn0w.
    Well the issue is with the Wifi which stops working after a couple of mins or sometimes after a couple of seconds.. you can read more about this all around with regards to wifi and bluetooth.

Also the only way I can manage to get it to work is by shoving it in an AC vent and then turning on the Wifi .. the AC is set at 24C so im assuming that people who live in cooler areas should not have a problem ?

So im hoping to downgrade the baseband back to 2.28 which did not have any issues!!
    Last edited by lance_p; 2009-08-28 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rintamarotta View Post
    I have studied the Bootloader matter, and even apple is unable to overwrite it because its non-rewrittable BIOS chip, with write protections enabled, even apple is not able to pass by from write protections that chip have, its intentionally that way, so broken bootloader chip = dead iphone.

But quite much everything else in iPhone is reprogrammable or upgradeable software wise.

So How does Fuzzy band to downgrade the BB if it is not rewritable?

fuzzy band only downgrades if its a 5.8 bootloader anything higher wont work

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mackentoch For This Useful Post:

lth98105 (2009-10-20)

I have replaced epprom chips on boxes allowing to get tv programs need not talk on this but I think there is away to replace the chipset on this unit it was put together so it can be taken off the main board if its on the board I wish I could get a schematic of the system board and chips

^the title of the article mentions Unlock iphone 3gs. but nowhere in the article it is mentioned that he actually unlocked a 3GS iphone? all they say is 3g. 3g. 3g.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast