Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bootloader 5.9

Thanks

Default bootloader 5.9
    what exactly is a bootloader is it a piece of hardware on the iphone or is it software based....i ask this because i recently accidentaly restored my iphone using apple's ispw and now i am not sure if i have the new bootloader or 5.8 i did try the phbandowngrader but it didnt work m thinkn either i have the new loader or i dont no what i am doing.......thanks

anyone??

help anyone?
    Last edited by jatt03; 2009-04-23 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Think about what your asking.

If the bootloader was hardware, you wouldnt be able to upgrade/downgrade it

And we have a huge thread about this, search for it and it should explain things.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

jatt03 (2009-04-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Download "3G baseband downgrader" from Cydia and run it. If it works you have 5.8, if it says "failed" you have 5.9.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

bishopazrael (2009-04-25), jatt03 (2009-04-23)

Thanks

thanks are there any side effects if it doesn't work

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

no, it just wont work

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Download "3G baseband downgrader" from Cydia and run it. If it works you have 5.8, if it says "failed" you have 5.9.
    This needs to be a sticky note at the top of the thread or merged with a sticky at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Or 6.02.

Hi guys, im using iphone 3g a year ago, so i lost my old one and got a new one this week with v2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03.I was trying to downgrade with terminal and winscp, i went through all the steps and i get all the msgs on terminal OK but it doesnt come up what bootloader i have.Anyone knows ? why? Do i need to downgrade to v2.2 and then downgrade to 2.28 baseband?
    Also, when i run from cydia the 3g Baseband Downgrade its working fine without any failed information.
    If u can help pls post a reply.thanks !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savvides10 View Post
    Hi guys, im using iphone 3g a year ago, so i lost my old one and got a new one this week with v2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03.I was trying to downgrade with terminal and winscp, i went through all the steps and i get all the msgs on terminal OK but it doesnt come up what bootloader i have.Anyone knows ? why? Do i need to downgrade to v2.2 and then downgrade to 2.28 baseband?
    Also, when i run from cydia the 3g Baseband Downgrade its working fine without any failed information.
    If u can help pls post a reply.thanks !
    Seriously? You OBVIOUSLY haven't bothered to even look around, much less READ or SEARCH, have you?

You CAN'T - let me repeat that: CAN NOT - downgrade the baseband. PERIOD. If you "just got a new one this week with 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03, there is a 99.99999999999% chance you have the 5.9 (aka 5.09, or higher) bootloader. Ergo, you're screwed. You can't downgrade the bootloader to the 2.28 exploitable version, you're stuck.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Seriously? You OBVIOUSLY haven't bothered to even look around, much less READ or SEARCH, have you?

You CAN'T - let me repeat that: CAN NOT - downgrade the baseband. PERIOD. If you "just got a new one this week with 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03, there is a 99.99999999999% chance you have the 5.9 (aka 5.09, or higher) bootloader. Ergo, you're screwed. You can't downgrade the bootloader to the 2.28 exploitable version, you're stuck.
    33.3% chance that he CAN downgrade

Default Bootloader 5.9 (To: Mr HotStuff )
    Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post

As you dont even know me ... i did look around but i didnt get any useful information! So do not even say anything about anyone that you doesnt know and if dont want to repeat things why did you reply to me!!
    The only thing was to confirm about bootloader. thats it !

I find it hard to believe you didn't find any "useful" information. You probably DID look, but you just didn't get the answer you wanted, so you're here asking the same thing everybody else has asked and honestly we've all had it up to HERE with this ******* question. The answer is you are **** OUT OF LUCK.

See this is what burns me. This guy shows exactly what's wrong with people today. He knows that he won't be able to downgrade, but he wants to deny reality and he thinks he's smarter than all of us and he can outsmart apple, so he's gonna find a way to do by god.... If you looked around here, and the answer is that you cannot downgrade... why would you ask us if you could downgrade? dumbass.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i down load my bootloader from 06.02 to 5.9?????

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ not happening

Thanks

What if I physically remove the chip and slap it some , put it back and use harsh language , will it downgrade?

Ooooooorrrrrrr, if I downgrade my boots from timberland to lugz, that will automatically make my baseband downgrade
    Last edited by z3r01; 2009-05-28 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Think about what your asking.

If the bootloader was hardware, you wouldnt be able to upgrade/downgrade it
    I thought the bootloader was hard-coded into the logic board and thus not changeable...

i'm a same problem... look this image.... -img_0001.pngi need help to downgrade 5.9 to 5.8 or unlock 5.11.07 with baseband 5.9 Thanks
    Last edited by dexter_lab87; 2009-10-04 at 11:39 AM.