Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird problem please help!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weird problem please help!!!!
    Ok so I know allot about iphones and have been working on them for almost 2 years now, but never have I came across this. . .

My 3G iPhone is not wanting to make calls.. I can receive calls, texts, brose the web and all but not outgoing calls!!

I am using a turbo sim with tmobile on version 2.2.1 baseband 02.30.03... I tried my girlfriends AT&T sim and SAME PROBLEM so I know its not the turbo sim...

I can't take the phone back to apple so my only solution is to fix it...

DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY OF RESETTING THE BASEBAND?????

PLEASE HELP

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

go into setting>phone>caller id and set it to show id (if its turned off).. and then try it.. if you got CALL CONTROL, MSHAKE, IBLACKLIST or MCLEANER installed in ur phone turn them off aswell or any app that takes control over your phone app... after youve done all that you can 1 by one toggle the controls and see which if any of them was buggn out your phone app....
    Last edited by acaijr73; 2009-04-19 at 09:31 AM.
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Thanks

Or you could downgrade the baseband to 2.28.xx and then use yellowsnow to unlock the phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks acl... but i ended up upgrading the phone to 3.0 and now i am really screwed.... I could not downgrade because i was on 5.09 bootloader.... i guess i have to wait for a turbo sim to come out for 3.0 or betteryet a unlock

Thanks

That would be correct.

Even a valid att sim won't work if you're on 5.09 bootloader (2.30.3 bb)?

Not working in my phone even after restoring to original 2.2.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeezius View Post
    Even a valid att sim won't work if you're on 5.09 bootloader (2.30.3 bb)?

Not working in my phone even after restoring to original 2.2.1.
    if your got a legit Carrier sim card for your iphone then it should work... i know ive had an experience where i jailbroke 1 one my iphones and my att card wouldnt work and then jailbroke my otha n the card worked in that one but a simple restore fixes all of that.... Now if your on a Non Legit carrier and have a 2.30 BB then i suggest you look into a REBEL SIM or GEVEY SIM Card to unlock but even still with the a 2.30 baseband even them cards cant guarentee an unlock...
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    if your got a legit Carrier sim card for your iphone then it should work... i know ive had an experience where i jailbroke 1 one my iphones and my att card wouldnt work and then jailbroke my otha n the card worked in that one but a simple restore fixes all of that.... Now if your on a Non Legit carrier and have a 2.30 BB then i suggest you look into a REBEL SIM or GEVEY SIM Card to unlock but even still with the a 2.30 baseband even them cards cant guarentee an unlock...
    Right. It's supposed to work. I went there today and can't get mine to work with their new yellow sims?! The blue one is recognized.. the salesmen had one and that worked.

For some unknown reason, the brand new att sims aren't being read.. Everyone in the store practically looked at it.. they told me to go to apple with it.. I don't get it either.. pissed off though.