Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Confused.com - Want to access WiFi !!??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Confused.com - Want to access WiFi !!??
    Hi All,

I am a newbee to the site requiring some help! I am on serious amateur!! You can sit back and laugh or you can help this poor soul!

I have just set up my new iphone, managed to copy my sim contacts and now im stuck LMAO! I just wanna access the WiFi (cos isnt that what this phone is all about?!?)

I need a password apparently !? I am actually at home and it wont even let me access my own broadband ..and i swear i didnt put a password on that !!!

So I wait patiently for somebody..anybody to HELP me !

Thanks in advance xx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If its asking for a password then it's your router that has a password, not your iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Gathered that but never did put a password on the router ??

Well, its got one...you need to figure out what it is. Most have a default...you may need to call the support line for it and let them walk you though figuring it out.

hmm. you could check your router settings or reset the whole thing and password protect it yourself (the router, i mean)
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry still confused! Contact my broadband support line? & I know how to re-set my router but would know how to set a password on it?!

Lets get this straight..unless i wana only access the wifi in McDs i will have to have unobtainable passwords to get wifi anywhere else?!

^Call the people that made your router. The manufacturers support line, they can tell you how to obtain the password or reset it.

And not every wifi spot needs a password, but if it pops up asking for one, obviously it does.

We cant tell you what the password is.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

try "password" worked for my friend when he got a router off eBay with no software. might work

You may not even be connecting to your own router, could be hooking up to someone else's like a neighbors. Make sure you're connecting to yours.

Thanks

Have a look on the bottom of your router, often some routers have the default p/w stuck to the bottom, otherwise as many people have stated, you'll have to give em a call!