Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone used this website to unlock?

Default Has anyone used this website to unlock?
    Iphone Unlocking FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

I just got my iphone replaced at the apple store and it came with 2.2.1 and 2.30. I want to get it unlocked for use on T Mobile. Now I'm asking this because everyone else here in the sphere of iphone unlocking ...everyone is saying that 2.2.1 and 2.30 are not unlockable. I would have thought that I would have seen something about this break through if it were legit, but I've not seen anything.

So either this site is the first people to get it unlocked or they're lying, either is just as likely as the other. I just want my iphone to work. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,
    Bishop

The Site which u mentioned is a fake site in which they copying the original pwnage tool or quick pwn and selling them at $25 !

anyways if you are a windows user download the following torrent and update your iphone 3g in itunes by pressing shift+update button select the file u downloaded and after that you can install yellowsn0w from cydia and unlock your phone

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-firmware.html

If you are a MAC user you can also download the above file if you dont know how use Pnwage tool. use the option-key+update and then selecting the file u downloaded and after that u can install yellowsn0w from cydia and unlock your phone

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

@ jag... If I'm reading this right I don't need to downgrade my baseband. ???

@ Pallavat... Thank you very much I'll give it a go here in a bit!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you just got it replaced and it came with 2.2.1 and 2.30 baseband then you are not going to be able to unlock it. Yellowsnow will not work with that baseband and you will not be able to downgrade your baseband as it more than likely has the newer bootloader.

so back to the basic question. This site .... I know its a fake one just like autoiphoneunlocker.com... but they say they can unlock it with the 2.30 baseband. I'm hoping they made some kind of break through.

Thanks

They are lying.

Ok so the facts of it right now is that my iPhone with 2.2.1 & 2.30 is NOT unlockable right now. Would it do me any good to put on that custom firmware from above?

Would I be able to have a friend with a long standing AT&T account call in and get it unlocked?

Thanks

That custom firmware will jailbreak and activate your iphone (which quickpwn can do too) so that you will be able to use it like an ipod touch (no phone function but everything else working). As for AT&T I doubt they will unlock it for you (not 100% sure but I have never heard of AT&T unlocking any iphones).

my phone's working as of right now. Well.. wait. I can use all the functions, I just can't use the phone part. I've screwed around so much I have no idea what end is up right now. I can do everything except get it on the tmobile network. At this point I just need it to work. If these guys have a way of doing it I hate to say it but at this point I'm willing to pay to have it working.
    Last edited by bishopazrael; 2009-04-16 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks

Then there is no point in using the custom firmware. You already have as much as you can have (short of using one of those turbo sims which are iffy at best) until a unlock comes out for the newer baseband.