Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlcok

Thumbs up Jailbreak and Unlcok
    Good day everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm planning to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3G firm 2.2.1 (02.30.03). I did my work and read many topics and have a small question

Can I use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 to jail break my iphone if I'm planning on unlock my iphone using a Turbo Sim Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 ? I know that I'd rather use PwnageTool as it preserves the baseband but I don't know anyone using MAC OS!!!!!! another thing, if it is possible to use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and unlock with a Turbo Sim I be able to upgrade to firmware 3.0 and still has it unlocked?

Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz55 View Post
    Good day everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm planning to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3G firm 2.2.1 (02.30.03). I did my work and read many topics and have a small question

Can I use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 to jail break my iphone if I'm planning on unlock my iphone using a Turbo Sim Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 ? I know that I'd rather use PwnageTool as it preserves the baseband but I don't know anyone using MAC OS!!!!!! another thing, if it is possible to use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and unlock with a Turbo Sim I be able to upgrade to firmware 3.0 and still has it unlocked?

Thanks alot.
    You can use QuickPwn to jailbreak. Pwnage and baseband preservation are for people coming from 2.2 to 2.2.1 who want to keep yellowsn0w which only works on baseband 02.28.xx

I don't know of anyone with a TurboSim on 3.0 at the moment, someone on here might be.

Remember, a dev has to add you to their account otherwise you won't get any service with 3.0 no matter what (even if you're with ATT)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

Aziz55 (2009-04-12)

What do u mean by dev?

He means a developer for the software!

Sorry guys i don't understand the point about a developer add me to his account!!

hi aziz can u help me m8 i need to unlock my iphone what can i do m8 there is a program 4 unlock or not just help me pls m8

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz55 View Post
    Sorry guys i don't understand the point about a developer add me to his account!!
    You cant activate a copy of 3.0 unless your a developer or on a developer's account because its not a public release.

Quote Originally Posted by remzi View Post
    hi aziz can u help me m8 i need to unlock my iphone what can i do m8 there is a program 4 unlock or not just help me pls m8
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-04-12 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Aziz55 (2009-04-12)

I'm not worried about 3.0 at the moment, all I'm planning to do is Jailbreak the iphone with the current firm 2.2.1 then use a turbo sim to unlock it, once the 3.0 officially released I'll upgrade and replace the sim for free.

Hope this will work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

that will work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Aziz55 (2009-04-13)