Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WOW, cant activate iphone no matter what i do...

Default WOW, cant activate iphone no matter what i do...
    first off, this is what i have:
    -Vista 64 bit (also 32 bit xp)
    -iphone 2g 8gb (purchased off CL)
    -SIM card (new from att)
    -quickpwn (QuickPwn22-1.exe)
    -multiple firmware .ipsw files
    -no idea what current firmware is, guessing >=2.0
    -cant restore without itunes activation ($)
    -tried 3001#12345# trick to find firmware, and nothing (leads me to think >=2.0)

i want to use the device as an ipod touch

SO, i cant for the life of me get the quickpwn software to ACCEPT an .ipsw file.

it asks for: 'The correct IPSW will have a name beginning with iPhone1,1_2.2.1' I select an ipsw with that EXACTLY at the beginning (iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw). then it says that the firmware i selected doesn't match the firmware version of the phone (iPhone1,1_2.2). SO, now i select iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw, and it tells me that i selected 2.2.1 and to try 2.2!!! i have also tried iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw, which i know is wrong, but then it tells me to use iPhone1,2_2.2!

I have repeated this several times, with and without the SIM, on BOTH the vista and xp machines. NOTHING has worked. i have looked around for other options, but cannot find anything that works. iliberty is for old firmware, quickpwn doesnt work, iactivator is for macs, cant figure out how to get winpwn to go...

please help me!!

oh yeah, i am using QuickPwn22-1.exe
    Last edited by reaper0995; 2009-04-07 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

just do a restore on itunes, unless theres anything important you want to save?, and go to 2.2.1 and then run quickpwn.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

ok if you know know what frimware you are on then connect your iphone and then on itunes click HELP then RUN DIAGNOSTICS and scroll all the way down to the iphone data... once you find out what frimware it is... let say its 2.2.1.... then FIRST upgrade your quickpwn to 225... thats the latest one... OBVIOUSY SINCE YOURE PHONES ISN"T ACTIVATED ITUNES ISN"T LETTING U RESTORE... either way... after u upgrade ur quickpwn just run it... and it should work

oh and if u wanna unlock/jailbreak.. for better purposes do it without a simcard in the phone...
    Last edited by lavalife47; 2009-04-07 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lavalife47 For This Useful Post:

reaper0995 (2009-04-07)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

The 3g unlock guide on wiki Wiki Discussions says have the sim in the phone.

lavalife: did u see any difference of not having the sim in while jailbreaking or unlocking?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

In order to do a restore you will have to put the phone into recovery mode. Just hold down power and home for about 15 seconds until you see the iTunes logo.

Quote Originally Posted by lavalife47 View Post
    ok if you know know what frimware you are on then connect your iphone and then on itunes click HELP then RUN DIAGNOSTICS and scroll all the way down to the iphone data... once you find out what frimware it is... let say its 2.2.1.... then FIRST upgrade your quickpwn to 225... thats the latest one... OBVIOUSY SINCE YOURE PHONES ISN"T ACTIVATED ITUNES ISN"T LETTING U RESTORE... either way... after u upgrade ur quickpwn just run it... and it should work

oh and if u wanna unlock/jailbreak.. for better purposes do it without a simcard in the phone...

perfect!!! it worked! thanks all for your help! i knew it was something odd i was missing, the odd thing was that i did the 2.2.1 jailbreak on my touch with that quickpwn, but it didnt work in the iphone....weird

Restore in itunes?

or PM me and i qill create a custom ipsw for you

Hi there,
    Please help me by give me a Custom firmware 1,2_2.2.1_5H11 because when I restore my old firmware 1,2_2.2.1_5H11 and go to Pwnage to jailbreak but it not verify my firmware FIRMWARE NOT STRING.Please tell me what can i do now.
    Thanks

Thanks

3g ? Who is your carrier?

Hi everyone,
    I just the newbie in 3g. Hope you guys can help me. I have a problem with my Iphone 3G. I didn't realized that it was unlock version using jailbreak,since the sales told me that was unlocking version. after connecting to itunes, i accidentally upgrade it to 2.2.1 using itunes.. the problem arises after that...the phone lock and my sim became invalid. try to jailbreak using quickpawn, it can be unlock but cant detect my sim.. then i use yellowsn0w.. still nothing happened. my modem is 02.30.03. Is anything i can do to make it work? like using turbo sim?

Thank you guys.

Hi everyone,
    I just the newbie in 3g. Hope you guys can help me. I have a problem with my Iphone 3G. I didn't realized that it was unlock version using jailbreak,since the sales told me that was unlocking version. after connecting to itunes, i accidentally upgrade it to 2.2.1 using itunes.. the problem arises after that...the phone lock and my sim became invalid. try to jailbreak using quickpawn, it can be unlock but cant detect my sim.. then i use yellowsn0w.. still nothing happened. my modem is 02.30.03. Is anything i can do to make it work? like using turbo sim?or is there any solutions?

Thank you guys.
    Last edited by gundam_prime; 2009-05-20 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

2.30.03 cant be unlocked. sim adapter is your best bet.