Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: found iphone want to use for myself

Default found iphone want to use for myself
    i found a iphone 8gb previous owner sim is not working but when i put my sim in slide to unlock is the only it will do how do i unkock it

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

you should try to find the owner
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.sparky For This Useful Post:

Tangui (2009-04-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Is it an iPhone 3G or a first generation? If it's an iPhone 3G go to settings... general.. about and look at Version Number. If it's 2.2.1 its not unlockable via software. Need more info to answer your question.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Call ATT and tell them the S/N, should be able to find the original owner. I am sure you are excited to have found this thing, but think of how bummed the guy must feel who actually paid for the phone. I suppose if ATT can't find who it belongs to, it is fair game. I am sure the original owner deactivated the SIM when they realized it was missing. My girlfriend lost her phone at six flags and that same night some ******* talked for 250 minutes on the damn thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Call ATT and tell them the S/N, should be able to find the original owner. I am sure you are excited to have found this thing, but think of how bummed the guy must feel who actually paid for the phone. I suppose if ATT can't find who it belongs to, it is fair game. I am sure the original owner deactivated the SIM when they realized it was missing.
    +1
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

i cant go to the settongs stuck unlock screen (slide to unlock)is there a way i can do a master reset ? its a 8gb and i have very little info on the phone i found it and the sim was already disactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Call ATT and tell them the S/N, should be able to find the original owner. I am sure you are excited to have found this thing, but think of how bummed the guy must feel who actually paid for the phone. I suppose if ATT can't find who it belongs to, it is fair game. I am sure the original owner deactivated the SIM when they realized it was missing. My girlfriend lost her phone at six flags and that same night some ******* talked for 250 minutes on the damn thing.
    if i bought an iphone id probaly get insurance so they probaly got another one by now, and the cell phone plan i have is unlimited, i want it for phone service, i think its unlocked for any sim card, besides the owner already dis activated the sim, i just want an iphone
    Last edited by mrsrddbrown; 2009-04-06 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You probably won't get much help here if you don't make an effort to find the original owner. Call ATT and give them the IMEI number and see if they can track down the owner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsrddbrown View Post
    if i bought an iphone id probaly get insurance so they probaly got another one by now, and the cell phone plan i have is unlimited, i want it for phone service, i think its unlocked for any sim card, besides the owner already dis activated the sim, i just want an iphone
    I sincerely hope you lose something of great value, and the person who finds it acts just like you.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

i cant go to the settongs stuck unlock screen (slide to unlock)is there a way i can do a master reset ? its a 8gb and i have very little info on the phone i found it and the sim was already disactivated.

As far as I know, there's no insurance you can get for iPhone to straight replace it. It comes with 1 year of service, but no insurance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Find the owner buddy, He/She is prolly going crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I sincerely hope you lose something of great value, and the person who finds it acts just like you.
    You took the words right off my keyboard. Attempt to find the owner, no one is going to help you here.

if i bought an iphone id probaly get insurance so they probaly got another one by now,
    good luck with that! Where you getting that insurance?
    You are looking for help in the wrong place. We only help people with phones they buy

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Gtfo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (2009-04-07)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

There's not much u can do with stolen property. Please understand that I am not saying that u stole the phone coz u just found it laying on the ground or a bench or whatever.

U cud have asked the question saying u got the iphone as a gift so as not to flame all of us here who paid from $199 to $599 (or more from other websites) to buy an iphone.

Sorry boss, cant help u here.

Find the owner. This is almost as bad as stealing.

Thanks

If you cant locate the owner and you still need a solution to ya problem,
    buy a iphone usb cable and connect it to iTunes and then see what version is.
    just keep the original sim card in there,
    that way you will be able to see what firmware version it has so you will know if you can unlock it!

btw, i know that in Australia you can get insurance from specific providers, optus provide insurance for like $8AU a month i think, and that covers it if it gets stolen and nearly anything

wish i wasnt pre-paid and could have got insurance for mine!! :@ haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

find the owner

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Trooper (2009-04-13)

what goes around comes around....... Find the owner you never know J/She might just say keep it, but at least you tried.

John

Find the owner!

Maybe he/she gives you some money for returning the phone!

If you find a car with keys, you wont keep it as well!!