Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can I RE-LOCK my iphone 1.1.4?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default can I RE-LOCK my iphone 1.1.4?
    hey guys I know this might sound like a bit of a strange request, but I was wondering since Ive upgraded and jailbroken my 1.1.4 firmware, I was tempted to unlock it too. But if I do that, is there a way later if I change my mind again to RE-lock it to just normal jailbroken status? (at&t) I want to unlock it and use my t-mobile sim card for certain situations but if I want to I would like to re-lock it if thats possible.

any help is appriciated, thanks

ps: I used ziphone to jailbreak my iphone 1.1.4

the last button on the left hand side name Refurbish. It will do the job.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deedeedee View Post
    the last button on the left hand side name Refurbish. It will do the job.
    Does the refurbish button work on phones that have been jailbroken by iPlus or any other method?

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Does the refurbish button work on phones that have been jailbroken by iPlus or any other method?
    It worked for me.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

to relock your iphone you just need to press "refurbish" button!
    But why do you need to relock it anyway?

it doesnt work! i click the refurbish button and i can still see the name of my carrier on the iphone on the activation screen.... i need to relock it, please help

Green Apple
    Thanks

ZiPhone 2.6 works great when Refurbishing.... BUT!!! Lastnight i attempted a Refurbish on my phone, as i was sure there was a problem on my 1.1.4

So i Refurbished, it got so far then failed on the Erasing Baseband... so i ended up with a 1.1.4 iPhone and a corrupted (i think) Baseband, equalling a little message saying

"Repair Needed - This iPhone cannot make or recieve calls".

You could imagine my shock at seeing a £300 brick on my desk lol but thankfully an restore back to 1.1.4 and an iPlus2.0 Unlock sorted it out for me... That really had me scared!
    So yeah, in ZiPhone 2.6 Refurbish DOES work (as i've done in more than once using it, but never again after last night lol) but it can go wrong and leave you with your heart in your mouth lol!

Quote Originally Posted by castrokike View Post
    it doesnt work! i click the refurbish button and i can still see the name of my carrier on the iphone on the activation screen.... i need to relock it, please help
    Do the following steps:

Connect your phone to your computer,

Run Ziphone from your commandline enter:

ziphone -e (erases the baseband)

then

ziphone -D(enters DFU mode) (case sensitive)

then restore to your needed firmware version via iTunes.

This procedure relocks your phone and wipes away all signs of beeing jailbroken or some so that apple cant see anything.

Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Do the following steps:

then

This procedure relocks your phone and wipes away all signs of beeing jailbroken or some so that apple cant see anything.

Keep us posted.
    do you know if this will downgrade the bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    do you know if this will downgrade the bootloader?
    Actually the -e command is for 3.9BL only.

Anyway, unlocking with ziphone forces you to downgrade the bootloader if you want 1.1.4 FW with 04.04.05_G baseband.

Other option is iPlus it downgrades your 4.6BL to a 3.9Fakeblank BL which is reversible by software.

Edit: But in castrokike“s case, who has unlocked his iphone with ziphone(this downgraded his BL to 3.9) it work like I posted above to remove the sim unlock.
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-03-18 at 11:34 AM.

I upgraded to 1.1.4 itunes then jailbroken with Ziphone 2.5 but still NO SERVICE. What's wrong? Does this mean that I made it an expensive ipod touch? TIA.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

dimpsorge no U Just need to UNLOCK it...... Just restore to 1.1.4 and then use Ziphone to DO IT ALL.

ok, i have a quick question to ask you guys, i did the refurbish on Ziphone and it seemed like it worked and everything was back to normal...

so i took it to the apple store to get it replaced cuz it was freezing on me and stuff, but when the Genius checked it out, he popped in a T-Mobile sim card and it worked...so now im wondering if the Refurbish didnt work?

this is really confusing me...

^Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 View Post
    ok, i have a quick question to ask you guys, i did the refurbish on Ziphone and it seemed like it worked and everything was back to normal...

so i took it to the apple store to get it replaced cuz it was freezing on me and stuff, but when the Genius checked it out, he popped in a T-Mobile sim card and it worked...so now im wondering if the Refurbish didnt work?

this is really confusing me...
    To get rid of your Sim unlock and to get the phone to a brand new state, except the downgraded 3.9BL do the following steps:

then

To get rid of your Sim unlock and to get the phone to a brand new state, except the downgraded 3.9BL do the following steps:

then

Isnt this what the Refurbish button does in the GUI? cuz if it is, thats exactly what i did...restored it back to 1.1.4, and it retained the unlock, cuz i put my friends tmobile sim in at work and it got signal and worked...so now im wondering if i have an unlock that will follow through, even through restores and revirginizes, and maybe even updates...but i tried restoring back to 1.0.2, then updating to 1.1.4, and it still stayed the same...still unlocked... any ideas?

^Nice

Just do ziphone -e and then ziphone -D then restore to whatever FW you want.

It worked on my iphone.

Give it a try.

Just do ziphone -e and then ziphone -D then restore to whatever FW you want.

It worked on my iphone.

Give it a try.
    alright, ill try it again...and ill use my girlfriends sim to test it, cuz she has T-Mobile...this is wack, hopefully it works this time...

^Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 View Post
    alright, ill try it again...and ill use my girlfriends sim to test it, cuz she has T-Mobile...this is wack, hopefully it works this time...
    Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.
    will do...

^Nice

does ziphone refurbish button work for iphones that was unlock with IPSF method?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast