Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Unlock FAQ?

Default iPhone Unlock FAQ?
    I had an iPod Touch 2G - but I have no idea about anything on the iPhone. I'm getting my iPhone 2G tomorrow, and I already have an activated TMobile Sim Card with PrePaid Sidekick Plan on it.

1.) I've heard of people's iPhones getting locked again when plugging into iTunes. Is it safe to plug an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone on TMobile into iTunes?

2.) iTunes won't automatically start updating my iPhone to the latest firmware, will it?

What should I NOT do with an unlocked iPhone?

thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

ummmm itunes wont auto lock it ever just make sure u have yellow snow installed so it will be unlocked. 2 nope u need to approve it 3. dont take it to apple unlocked and dont update to 2.2.1 or 3.0 until they are unlocked or u have a sim adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    ummmm itunes wont auto lock it ever just make sure u have yellow snow installed so it will be unlocked. 2 nope u need to approve it 3. dont take it to apple unlocked and dont update to 2.2.1 or 3.0 until they are unlocked or u have a sim adapter.
    Ok thanks. It's coming pre-unlocked so I guess it already has yellowsn0w. As for 2.2.1, I have the 1st Gen iPhone, so I CAN upgrade to 2.2.1, correct?

Thanks for your response!