Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quick question about 2.2.1

Default quick question about 2.2.1
    Hi, I just recently got a new 3g iphone from a buddy and he had upgraded his iphone to 2.2.1 but all the 3g unlocks require the 2.2 firmware with that baseband. So how would i go about downgrading the baseband of the iphone to 2.2's babseband or is it impossible? thanks - JLe2k

first download pwnage tool 2.2.1 and both the 2.2.1 and 2.2 fw

then get pwnage 2.2 and launch both that and pwnage 2.2.1, make a custome fw and dont enable bb update with the 2.2.1 fw... then unzip the newly made fw and unzip the 2.2 fw and then copy the info.plist from the 2.2 to the custom 2.2.1.

now zip it back up and rename to ipsw then open the new patched one in the 2.2 pwnage and do the same thing and dont enable base bandupdate and enable partition wipe out

now follow this link www.gskdgok.com
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 2009-03-30 at 04:51 AM.

could quickpwn do the same thing?

omg i was just screwing with you... its not possible

i was just trying to suggest that you search things b4 you post

sorry

You can downgrade but the updated baseband stays the same. So you can now only use a sim card for unlocking. Here you can see a video on how to unlock your iphone with the sim card Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Default please HELP me jailbreak my iphone 3G 2.2.1
    My iPhone 3G 2.2.1 was already open, but it doesn't have any signal. How can i fully jailbreak it? please help me.. I'm from the Philippines

thank you

P.S
    really need your HELP!

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    omg i was just screwing with you... its not possible

i was just trying to suggest that you search things b4 you post

sorry
    He could have bricked his $600 iPhone with ur advice. Saying sorry wouldn't have unbricked his phone. Please post only solutions. Find a comedy forum or something if u wanna have a lil fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    He could have bricked his $600 iPhone with ur advice. Saying sorry wouldn't have unbricked his phone. Please post only solutions. Find a comedy forum or something if u wanna have a lil fun.
    He never said to do anything on the phone. Everything he said was to create a custom ISPW on a Mac. Unless playing around with other Apple products can mess up iPhones, he did nothing wrong.

@ian_21

Jailbreaking and unlocking is not the same process. Jailbreaking will provide you with Cydia and Installer whereas unlocking allows you to use another GSM Sim card, such as from T-Mobile, in the iPhone.

If you need to jailbreak it, here is a quick and easy tutorial on how to do it: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

If you need to unlock it, find out the baseband by going into Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware

If the baseband is 02.30.xx then you cannot downgrade/unlock it for free. You would need to go about other solutions like TurboSIM or RebelSIM.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

ian_21 (2009-04-08)

Thanks

If I was Ian, I'd never follow ur advice. U might be him121213's buddy also trying to screw with people's phone.

Blast! It seems you have stumbled upon my plan to ruin every iPhone on the planet so that I may become the sole iPhone owner. However, I will never let you escape my hideout alive. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Blast! It seems you have stumbled upon my plan to ruin every iPhone on the planet so that I may become the sole iPhone owner. However, I will never let you escape my hideout alive. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
    Find some different forum man, if u trying to play games.

thank u for helping me.. by the way the baseband is 2.30.03.. is there any other way besides turbo sim?? I mean is it possible that they can create something to unlock it..?

Quote Originally Posted by ian_21 View Post
    thank u for helping me.. by the way the baseband is 2.30.03.. is there any other way besides turbo sim?? I mean is it possible that they can create something to unlock it..?
    I'm not even sure if the Dev Team is still working on it. I don't see a point for it since 3.0 is basically right around the corner and that has another baseband update. I figured that they would just focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    I'm not even sure if the Dev Team is still working on it. I don't see a point for it since 3.0 is basically right around the corner and that has another baseband update. I figured that they would just focus on that.
    I'm pretty sure they've already stated they've halted work on 02.30 and are beginning to analyze the new baseband for an exploit.