Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sms problem

Default sms problem
    I have just unlock my iphone and I cant receive text messages.Can anyone help me please?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firmafcv View Post
    I have just unlock my iphone and I cant receive text messages.Can anyone help me please?
    Thanks
    What network r u on?
    U need to check with the service provider to see if u actually have a text messaging plan, or if it's even enabled.
    Best Regards

I am using my sim card from Serbia ( I have plan for sms ) and I am in roaming with t-mobile...

Quote Originally Posted by firmafcv View Post
    I am using my sim card from Serbia ( I have plan for sms ) and I am in roaming with t-mobile...
    I think u can give a call to ur service provider in Serbia, they might have ur txt messaging turned off. Especially when u r roaming.
    Alternatively, how r others sending u the sms?
    They need to have international text messaging if they are messaging u from the States.

I guess another thought is make sure u give them the right number!!!
    +countryCode-areaCode-phoneNumber
    (I'm just trying to cover all bases here!)

I think it's unlikely that the unlock broke ur sms receiving functionality.
    U can also purchase a prepaid t-mobile sim card just to try it out!!
    Best Regards

Hi Guys,
    I have the same problem as the above poster.
    I'm located in Australia, and using the optus network. I have tried sim cards that work in other iPhones and simply cannot recieve sms.

Tried restoring and re unlocking ... anything that im doing wrong?

For the first 48hrs I was using SMS and then it died.
    A quick call to Optus revealed that by changing handsets their computer determined to cut off that service for me. How nice!
    Been assured they've reset it so we'll see.

UPDATE.
    No dice! Spoke to helpful Optus Guy and once he got over the shock that I had an iPhone did his best to help. suggestion was choose a different carrier then when it fails go back on Optus in network settings.
    Was good for one received and sent SMS then crapped out again. GRRRRRR this is getting annoying.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by ekiwi; 2007-09-17 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ekiwi View Post
    For the first 48hrs I was using SMS and then it died.
    A quick call to Optus revealed that by changing handsets their computer determined to cut off that service for me. How nice!
    Been assured they've reset it so we'll see.

UPDATE.
    No dice! Spoke to helpful Optus Guy and once he got over the shock that I had an iPhone did his best to help. suggestion was choose a different carrier then when it fails go back on Optus in network settings.
    Was good for one received and sent SMS then crapped out again. GRRRRRR this is getting annoying.

Any ideas anyone?
    u should check out the carrier APN settings on the wiki guides, i think optus is on there. if u have problems still, try to mention these settings to a helpful TSR.
    Best Regards

Hi Guys,

I've concluded the Optus SMS service is dodgy at best, currently i get sms' from friends but none from Optus haha ridiculous!
    No-one could resolve the issue, and so was the final push I needed to jump ship to Telstra. Walked into Telstra Shop today, plugged in a sim detected and surfing in seconds! Speed not too shabby. Bit like dial up. EDGE here I come

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Default incoming phone call problem
    I'm having almost the same problem, except for me SMS works fine, I just can't receive incoming calls! outgoing - fine. wifi - fine. youtube etc etc all fine. just calls.

Am in Bali on Telkomsel GSM network. any suggestions?

Me and a friend are on Vodafone AU and although we appear to receive SMS from anyone on any other network, we don't receive SMS sent from Vodafone - for instance, notification of a new voicemail message, or notification from their "CALLscreen" service.

Also, Vodafone's voicemail can be set to call you for notification as well as SMS you. That doesn't work either.

Have spoken to Vodafone, have done a lot of googling, no answers yet. If you're out there having the same problem, please shoutout.

well I fixed the sms problem. ended up having to restore the radio firmware, and then re-unlock the phone.

but yes, I have noticed that I cannot recieve network sms'. I Just left a message on my surepage service and no message came though which is a little dissapointing.

btw I'm on Optus, and my friend who is on telstra has the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigyahu View Post
    Me and a friend are on Vodafone AU and although we appear to receive SMS from anyone on any other network, we don't receive SMS sent from Vodafone - for instance, notification of a new voicemail message, or notification from their "CALLscreen" service.

Also, Vodafone's voicemail can be set to call you for notification as well as SMS you. That doesn't work either.

Have spoken to Vodafone, have done a lot of googling, no answers yet. If you're out there having the same problem, please shoutout.

YES.. i am having the same problem here with Vodafone UK
    Everything on my phone works except of receiving incoming SMS.

I have tried to google, but nothing solid found, and seems a lot of ppl having this trouble too.

I'm on T-Mobile in the US, and everything works fine, with the exception of sending and receiving SMS texts. When I actually receive one, I get notification and can read the beginning of it. But when I touch the SMS button, it goes to a blank "notepad-esque" screen for one second, and then goes back to home. If I try to text a contact, I get the same end results, back at home.

Any help would be appreciated!

As a follow up to my last message to anyone reading this, I was able to figure it out. If you've unlocked your phone, then you must be familiar with iBrickr by this point. Go into it and delete the "sms.db" file at var/root/library/SMS. Restart iphone. Supposedly, this error is is caused by certain sms messages which crash the sms app on the iphone, and is rumored to be fixed in next firmware release.
    Last edited by adalric; 2007-09-21 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Same Problem receiving texts Voda AU
    Hey all,

I can't receive text messages however I can send them fine.
    With Vodafone Australia... and help info would be great as it's driving me crazy.
    The iPhone is just so nice so I really don't want to have to swith back to my old phone however if I can't receive texts it is very annoying!!!
    any help/suggestion???
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "As a follow up to my last message to anyone reading this, I was able to figure it out. If you've unlocked your phone, then you must be familiar with iBrickr by this point. Go into it and delete the "sms.db" file at var/root/library/SMS. Restart iphone. Supposedly, this error is is caused by certain sms messages which crash the sms app on the iphone, and is rumored to be fixed in next firmware release."

Having same issue here....Everything works EXCEPT for sending SMS/text messages....BTW, I didn't use iBrickr to unlock...Is that how u FTP'd into the phone and removed the sms.db? I have Fugu and Cyberduck......Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to utahoboe For This Useful Post:

Zimborob (2007-10-21)

Default The same problem...
    Yes!, my iPhone works fine here in Spain with Orange.
    I can send messages but only with the "+code area" in the phone numbers and always works, but i can't receive any SMS.

I had the incoming SMS problem and solved after 5 days of studying.
    Hope this will help all the people who are still stuck in the middle somewhere.
    "and apologize my bad english too, i am doing my best"

To start with, you need to download the following files:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    http://rapidshare.com/files/56129951...4.08_G-eep.rar

ICE03.14.08_G.fls (this should be in your usr/bin already)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/56123425/ICE03.14.08_G.rar

Manually place them into your iphone folder using "Cyberduck (MAC)" to

usr/bin

Done?
    OK, lets start

Please do the following (MAC)

Use Terminal (on yor Machine)
    1.)
    type: ssh root@"your iphone ip"

2.)
    -> type password (good, please jump to 3)
    -> WARNING, (middle-man-attack)?... no worries
    type: rm r /Users/"your_cpu_name"/.ssh/known_host

that will give you back your access to your SSH to iphone

again type: ssh root@"your iphone ip"
    now type your password

OK?

3.)
    on Terminal(MAC)
    1- launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

2- bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    (not working for some?.. no worries again)

[for those bbupdater came up error, please type
    cd /usr/bin
    then run this "bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls" again

OK?

3- bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    (if the bbupdater of FLS is working, eep will work too "if you have it in your usr/bin folder"

after you see DONE

4- launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

now go back to main screen on your iphone
    -> phone -> keypad
    type: *#06#

the IMEI should change to something like 004999010640000 and the iPhone will not accept any SIM

Yes? If not.. start from 1 again until the IMEI changes and sim card won't load.

Now download and run anySIM again.

No signal after running anySIM???
    go back to MAC-Terminal resign into your SSH iphone
    type: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Restore your iphone using itunes.. wait a little... your signal should be back and be able to accept incoming SMS now.

Good luck all
    any other problem, please PM me, i might not be checking this page that often anymore.
    but i will try my best to help.
    Last edited by bookmark; 2007-09-27 at 07:22 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bookmark For This Useful Post:

anaq8i (2007-10-03), lynxman (2007-09-23), SrTapir (2007-10-05)

Ive got the same problem with vodafone in germany.
    Everything works fine but receiving SMS wont.

Solutions would make my day.

Thank you bookmark!!!
    This is the solution, now SMS reception and all the iPhone funtions runs OK!!!

Thanks!

no problem man, glad it works out for you too

you fix the voicemail too saseki?
    Last edited by bookmark; 2007-09-23 at 03:13 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast