Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues Unlocking 1st Gen Iphone... "No Service" Pls Help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Issues Unlocking 1st Gen Iphone... "No Service" Pls Help
    Hey Peeps,

Just wanna say hello to all...

I have a slight issue... I have an Iphone 3G.. jailbroken and unlocked with yellowsn0w... and I am not having any issues with it... But that is not my problem...

A friend of mine bought a 1st gen Iphone here in South Africa, He had one before which was stolen... but that one was jailbroken and unlocked as well with no issues...

When he bought the new Iphone it was standard not jailbroken (well so we thought) or anything and it was running firmware 1.1.4 he put in his SIM card and it worked fine... (No need to be unlocked) We upgraded through Itunes and the phone worked fine... He decided to Jailbreak and unlock it cas he does travel alot and is constantly using different SIM's from all over the world...

Everything went fine the process completed successfully without any errors... When the phone rebooted it didn't piick up the network came up with the dredded "NO SERVICE"... so from about a month and a half ago until now, we have not had any luck on getting the the Iphone to get any NETWORK SERVICE...

We have restored it back to 1.1.4 through iTunes 7.5 in DFU mode it didn't work still "NO SERVICE" tried it in Recovery Mode... still the same... Needless to the say we have done this with various Firmware's and still no luck after the jailbreak/unlock and activate procedure... Firmware's we have tried... 1.1.4/2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2/2.1... and none of them have worked...

One strange thing is... when we upgrade it and it tried to activate in itunes, it gave us the error about... "that the SIM insterted is not supported..." etc... (Which tells me that the phone was "JAILBROKEN 7 UNLOCKED"... I have run into the known errors like... (20)/(6).. etc... but managed to get around them... but yeah like i said the dredded... "NO SERVICE"...

Please help would be greatly appreciated... Oh yeah sorry for the whole story.. just needed to let you know... what we have tried and done... and i haven't missed anything....

My current system settings on my device are as follows...

NETWORK : Not Available
    SONGS : 0
    VIDEOS : 0
    PHOTOS : 0
    CAPACITY : 7.1 GB
    AVAILABLE : 6.9GB
    VERSION : 2.0.1 (5B108)
    SERIAL NUMBER : #################
    MODEL : MB213B
    Wi-Fi ADDRESS : 00:1C:BC:52:B1:64
    BLUETOOTH : 00:1C:B3:52:B1:63
    IMEI : #################
    ICCID : #################
    MODEM FIRMWARE : 04.05.04_G

Thanks In Advance...

Maybe this sounds stupid but did you try to restore and jailbreak & unlock again?
    And if everything else fails you could still use a sim card
    Just be careful not to upgrade to the new baseband, or you will definitely lock your iphone.
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i have tried that... with all the firmware's except the new firmware 2.2... and no luck... don't want to upgrade to 2.2 yet anyway...

but we have tried to restore and unlock with every single firmware...

Thanks anyway jpadock

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sounds to me like the phone is still locked if you're getting an unsupported SIM message in iTunes. Restore to firmware 2.2.1 (has the same baseband on a first generation 4.05.04). Then Quickpwn again to jailbreak and unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well what i will try is upgrade to 2.2.1 and give it a bash again... it is the only firmware i haven't tried...

Will give it a bash today... and get back to you...

Cool thanks for that Poseidon79...