Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's the safest way to 1.1.4?

Default What's the safest way to 1.1.4?
    Hi

I have had a UK 8gb iPhone, which was 1.1.2 OTB. I ran jailbreak on it, downgraded to 1.1.1, then upgraded to 1.1.2 again, so that I could use my existing O2 SIM card and tarrif. I'm still on 1.1.2 and have noticed that O2 have recently vastly improved their 35pm package, in terms of texts and minutes. If I decide that I'm now quite happy to go on to the 'normal' tarrif, is it a simple case of sticking the original SIM back in, then running an upgrade to 1.1.4 in iTunes?

Alternatively, is there a SAFE way for me to get to 1.1.4 and still use my existing UK O2 SIM card, in the way I currently to on 1.1.2?

Sorry if this is an obvious question that has been answered elsewhere.

Cheers

Hi
    I have an OTB 1.1.2. I had unlocked/jailbroke it using ZiPhone 2.5 but I had some problems on it such as SMS and phone crashing. But I used this tutorial and it worked quite fine: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor
    I restored to 1.1.4 in iTunes 7.5. I uninstalled iTunes 7.6 just to be on the safe side because some people had ran into some tiny problems using 7.6 so I decided to get 7.5
    I had previously downloaded 1.1.4 firmware though.
    Everything went just fine. and now it works.
    However one of my SIM cards does not work on iPhone (it didn't work even on 1.1.2) but my MTN works fine. I am in Iran by the way, I think you'll have no problem with O2.
    Good luck

PS: in case you didn't know how to restore and all other stuff (just like i didn't know) you can find good tutorials on iClarified.com