Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help pls...unlocking sim!pls help!

hey guys!i nee your help..when i first bought my iphone 2 weeks ago the version i was using was 2.0..and when i download the "logome" on cydia it suddenly stuck up!my iphone was hang!so i connect it to the itunes and without my knowledge about upgrading and whatsoever i click the restore button.and i thought it will just restart my phone.but i dont know it really starts from the scratch and it was locked again..so i bought to the store and ask to repair it.they just unlock it but the version is already on 2.2.1.but my HUGE problem is i cannot use my sim card here in ksa.does anyone of you knows how to unlock sim a version 2.2.1 w./out any rebel sim or turbo sim on it.coz when we use turbo sim it doesn't work also..my network is still down..or thus the ne 3.0 can be unlock w/out any unlock sim used?pls help!!i would really appreciate your kindness to help me out..thanks...
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-03-27 at 02:47 AM.

Moved to Unlocking / Activation

Is it a 2G iPhone or a 3G one? 2G have a metal back and 3G have a black or white plastic back.

If it is 3G, the only way that you can unlock it is with Turbo Sim or Rebel Sim. 2.2.1 is not unlockable on 3G iPhones.

If it is 2G, here is a tutorial with links to everything you need to unlock it. The bolded words are links to what you need. iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

You need to tell more about your iphone and (rebel) sim card. There are few tricks that could possibly help. I have used few sim cards and none worked reliably enough except this one
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Quote Originally Posted by jpadock View Post
    You need to tell more about your iphone and (rebel) sim card. There are few tricks that could possibly help. I have used few sim cards and none worked reliably enough except this one
    I bought a magicsim card for my 2.2.1 and it worked out great for me.maybe you can have a try. Good luck!