Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmwear 3.0 and yellowsn0w

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Default Firmwear 3.0 and yellowsn0w
    Right quick question for all you in the know.

When is 3.0 due out ???

And when it does arrive i assume it will have a baseband update ?

And when it does come out will that mean that i will have to wait for a custom firmwear on 3.00 that keeps the baseband at 02.28.00 (so i can keep yellowsn0w running)?

I am using a custom firmwear on 2.2.1 with the base band intact on 02.28.00 and dont want to loose yellowsn0w.

Thanks for the advise in advance
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

that's the basic assumption at this point. No date has been given for 3.0 yet. Most likely you'll have to use pwnage to preserve your baseband and upgrade to 3.0

Hopefully the dev team is able to unlock the new baseband that comes with 3.0

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

its supposedly jailbreakable so hopefully you can still use yellowsn0w with the 2.28 baseband.

Hopefully the devs will find a hole soon and bring out Goldsn0w(its a guess not actual name) for 2.30 baseband
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

If you want to unlock 3.0, as of now you wil have to wait for an official pwnage to be released that will allow you to install a custom firmware that wil prevent the baseband from being upgraded.

what about on a 2g iPhone. If i upgrade to 3.0, assuming I am a dev, will it relock my phone? i know i will lose the jailbreak but thats okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    what about on a 2g iPhone. If i upgrade to 3.0, assuming I am a dev, will it relock my phone? i know i will lose the jailbreak but thats okay.
    Yes this will relock your phone, you will have to wait for the dev team to relase and updated pwnage tool
    Signature cleaned...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Money Over For This Useful Post:

Iman07 (2009-03-25)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

3.0 has the baseband update.

I am curious if the dev team will release a jailbreak before the initial launch due to the fact that there might be a number of releases before 3.0 is finalized and released to the public in June.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to boxxa For This Useful Post:

Iman07 (2009-03-25)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    3.0 has the baseband update.

I am curious if the dev team will release a jailbreak before the initial launch due to the fact that there might be a number of releases before 3.0 is finalized and released to the public in June.
    I bet they won't release the jailbreak so that Apple doesn't ahve time to patch the firmware before the release.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I bet they won't release the jailbreak so that Apple doesn't ahve time to patch the firmware before the release.
    Well in turn, Apple can throw up a different release to break the current jailbreak until the dev team patches their apps to read the new release.

There will always be a jailbreak on the 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Money Over ******* View Post
    Yes this will relock your phone, you will have to wait for the dev team to relase and updated pwnage tool

Are you sure of this? I cant find the information anywere, I only ask because there hasnt been a baseband update for the 2g in quite some time.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the 2G baseband. You are correct that the 2G baseband has not been upgraded in awhile and some Google searches tell me that it is also not upgraded in 3.0, but i'm not sure if you would be able to activate in iTunes or not. I can verify that the 3G baseband is upgraded in 3.0. I installed 3.0 and downgraded back to 2.2.1 but my baseband is still 4.20.01. I beleive my other post regarding baseband was directed at pratt1503 who started this thread, his info says he's got a 3G.