Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G 2.2.1 Unlock Problem

Default 2G 2.2.1 Unlock Problem
    I can't seem to unlock my 2.2.1 2G Iphone. I've read a ton of posts, ton of guides, and yet still no luck.

Here's what I did...
    My friend gave me his old iphone because he got a 3g. So therefore, the iphone he gave me was NOT activated anymore. So i connected the iphone to my MAC, put my iphone into dfu mode (WITH THE TMO SIM CARD IN), itunes then popped up a message saying that the wrong sim card was in, i restored the iphone to 2.2.1 (STILL WITH TMO SIM CARD IN), and then opened up quickpwn.

My iphone was still plugged in and so quickpwn just automatically recognized my iphone and began building the ispw (is that supposed to happen?). I wanted to UNLOCK my iphone, so i downloaded the bootloaders and placed them into the same folder quickpwn was in. But i never got an option in doing anything with the bootloaders. So quickpwn kept going, and eventually everything was done. My iphone rebooted and it was jailbroken. But i don't get ANY reception with tmobile or anything. pleaseeeeeeee, i haven't seen ONE guide that helped me solve my problem T_T.

Thanks

Hi in the quickpwn etc they all seem to direct the same actions. You need to follow qwpwn for mac then you have to hold your alt/option key and click restore in itunes and select that custom 2.2.1 firware restore that shows up in a separate window where your folder is. if it starts building click exit or the reverse arrow to go backward and click "General." Click "unlock" then in the next uncheck the rest under the unlock option, set your partition to anything under 590 and click upgrade to 4.6 keep everything else factory and let it rebuild.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

to add to the above post make sure you have the new quick pwn because the new osx update stops dfu mode and i believe the new quick pwn fixes this