Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Problem on 2g 2.2.1..??? Half working.!!

Default Unlocking Problem on 2g 2.2.1..??? Half working.!!
    Hi, ive got a 2g iphone that had a contract on att (now cancelled..!), Unfortantly i upgraded to 2.2.1.. Got back to UK and wanted to use on UK 02 network.

1st I Downgraded to 2.2(5g77) firmware (as discribed by Quickpwn) then Jailbroke it with no probs, added Yellowsn0w and BossPrefs..

Done as it states to Unlock, NOW HERES the PROBLEM, The phone gets a signal and recieves calls and texts to my o2 Number BUT ITS STILL ON EMERGENCY SCREEN AND TELLING ME "Different SIM please CONNECT TO iTUNES, when i do it then says SIM card does not appear to be supported..??? And if i put att sim back in it says AWAITING ACTIVATION..I Have No access to phoe other than Answering calls and seeing texts..?!

HELPPPPPPPP PLEASE...
    Any help would be appreciated guys..

Ummm, if its a 2g you dont use YellowSn0w and you also dont have to downgrade. But you'll need to use Pwnage to create a custom FW that is "hacktivated", thats your problem now....the phone isnt activated.

2.2.1 can be unlocked for 2g. And yellowSn0w is only for 3g.

Cheers dude.. I knida thought that i had done something wrong like that.."Thought i was so clever too when i finished", lol..
    Il try that now..

Thanks again..