Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with yellowsn0w 0.9.8! plz reply

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Problem with yellowsn0w 0.9.8! plz reply
    hello evry1 plz help

ok today i restored my 2.0.2 3g to 2.2.1 custom firmware with cydia and the baseband update disabled

then i went to cydia and added apt9.yellowsn0w.com

and i installed yellowsn0w 9.8 since i am on 2.2.1 then i rebooted normally and nothiing happened at all

plz help me as this is my only phone now since i sold mine when i bought the iphone. plz plz plz tell me what i am doing wrong and how to get the unlock working

in addition i a m in kuwait using Zain KW if that helps plz reply

plz i beg u
    Last edited by Miro89; 2009-03-14 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to DFU restore your phone to firmware 2.2 first... this will write the 2.28.00 baseband which is the only compatible baseband with yellowsnow. If you look at your current baseband I bet it's down at 1.45 or something still. After you're done you can restore to the custom built 2.2.1 or just Quickpwn 2.2 as there is absolutely NO advantage to go up to 2.2.1 at that point.

Thanks

ok yh u r right i checked and it says 02.08.01

but instead of going to fW 2.2 to get the baseband cant i just unlock the baseband i already have???

and if not can u plz post a cfw 2.2 because i dont want to go throgh the hassle of jailbreaking plz?

i beg u plz help me and thx 4 ur reply it really helped

and to downgrade i have to go ito DFU mode. but when i press the power and home for 10 secs and then release the power but press on the home it goes to recovery mode not dfu so how to get to dfu mode plz reply and plz post a cfw 2.2 with cydia plz plz

this is because my vista lags at the end of the jailbreak process and and it ruins the iphone so i have to restore so plz plst the cfw 2.2 with cydia or guide me to a link with the cfw
    Last edited by Miro89; 2009-03-14 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

As my post said very clearly... yellowsn0w is ONLY compatible with baseband 2.28.00 so be default you can't unlock what you have now. I think you should just go through the whole process yourself... maybe several times... so you can figure out how to get your phone into DFU mode properly. Vista... windows 7... XP... Leopard... it's all the same for me... no issues.

Thanks

ok so plz clear up the process for dfu mode and to be sure all i do now is get the official ipsw for 2.2 and put into dfu mode and restore with it. then i restore again with the cfw 2.2.1 i have to preserve the bb and thats all?

ps. i have tried several times to get to dfu mode and still goes into recovery mode so plz explain how to get to dfu mode again to make clear

and i wasnt asking if i could unlock mine with yellowsn0w i am talking about using the method evry1 used back when 2.0.2 was released to unlock my 2.2.1 since its the same baseband as 2.0.2?

and next time i will post in the correct forum but i posted once there and no one replied so i posted here since evry1 checks this section of the forum

and y do i have to go to dfu mode to downgrade???? cant i just put it into recovery mode and shift+restore?

and plz plz plz reply
    Last edited by Miro89; 2009-03-14 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost