Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: yellowsn0w/not working /:

Unhappy yellowsn0w/not working /:
    hey guys, i have 2.2 jailbroken with custom baseband 2.11.07. I have installed yellowsn0w by using cydia and installer. And when i did these it unlocks my sim but i cant get any service name or any signals. it just wait like i didnt unlocked it. after waiting 1-2 hours it says no service /: how can i unlock it? i have been trying to unlock it about months. I have updated installer and cydia too..

Thats because yellowSn0w only works with baseband version 02.28.00

If your running 2.2 then you should have upgraded the baseband. Its 2.2.1 you dont wanna upgrade the baseband in.

You have to be on the 2.28 baseband to get it to work. "Yellowsnow" is only for that paticular baseband. Just read on the home page for the DEV team Dev-Team Blog .

If you want to upgrade the FW to 2.2.1 then you have to use Pwnage tool to preserve the baseband staying on 2.28 if not you will be upgraded to 2.30 and "Yellowsnow" doesn't work with 2.30 for now.

Good Luck
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2

actually i am so noob in unlocking things. how i can unlock it can u explain? or it can not be unlocked? i need help /:

It can be unlocked. Better you just IM me on Skype and I can help y with it.
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2

Upgrade to 2.2 firmware and use QuickPwn. If you cant find out how to do this you can always find a reliable sim card ike the one I got from here: http://www.unlockediphone.info
    Just dont upgrade to 2.2.1 it will be easier this way.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by ben.underwod; 2009-03-11 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling