Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unloacking 3G 2.2.1 error 21 & 2000

Unhappy Unloacking 3G 2.2.1 error 21 & 2000
    I have a 3G 2.2.1 trying to unlock with PwnageTool in Expert mode, made the partition to 600mb and even tried 1GB...

I created iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Custom_Restore.ipsw and when it goes into DFU mode, iTunes opens and it gives me error "an unknown error occurred (2001)" and it thinks it's and iPod, so I take the iPhone off DFU by turning it on.

It shows up into iTunes, I use the restore with the option key down, it extracts the image and right when it's about to restore with custom, I get an error message, "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21).

At this point the only way to get the iPhone back to normal is by restoring it to the original Apple image.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advanced.

Last edited by malofx; 2009-03-06 at 06:28 PM.

i'm having the same trouble with my 2g. error message 2001, iTunes thinks it's an iPod. Are you on PC or Mac?

Im using a Mac, Leopard 10.5.6 also updated the USB family “IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg” just to make sure, but still have the same exact problem.

Thanks

I would like to ask what is your 3G baseband 1st?if your answer is 2.30.03,then you cannot unlock it.If your baseband is 02.28.00(if you used pwnage to preserve your baseband before),then use yellowSnow to unlock it...

I dont think 2.2.1 can be unlocked yet, only 2.2 - Think it has something to do with the baseband changing

Can 02.11.07 be jailbreak? and if so can I use it with other carriers?

Thank you

Any ideas? still trying to work on this. Thank you