Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating tmobile sim using 2g iPhone

Default Activating tmobile sim using 2g iPhone
    I started by running QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 with my AT&T SIM. Everything went through just fine.

I put in my Tmobile SIM and the phone is unlocked (I can receive calls and texts) and calendar events even pop up but the phone is not activated.

I ran QuickPwn once again and have the exact same result as before.

Can anyone please advise on how to fix this problem?

--
    EDIT:
    Figured this one out. Put the phone in DFU/recovery mode and do QuickPwn afterwards.

How to get into DFU/recovery mode:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

Run QuickPwn (downloads are all on this site and only an imbecile needs a guide)
    Last edited by iam8up; 2009-03-06 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iam8up For This Useful Post:

nikola m (2009-03-19)

I am stuck here, I am having the same problem. But when i go into recovery Quickpwn tells me to reset the phone. I can recieve calls not sure about anything else. Should i not be using the newest fw?

I have the same problem also. However, my iPhone was previously registered with a valid AT&T account. I read you can still unlock anyway. can someone please confirm? I read through forum but did not find similar issue discussed, unless i missed it.
    thanks

do I need some kind of Sim unlock software as well so that it does not give me the new sim card detected message?
    Last edited by fsant; 2009-03-09 at 01:08 AM.

Doing this solved my problem in that situation:

How to get into DFU/recovery mode:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

Then open iTunes and shift click the one and only recover (or whatever) button and specify the 2.2.1 firmware.

i got mine to work by having the tmobile sim in the phone while i jailbroke the iphone. Also on the last part where it is saying your phone will reboot itself...i made sure to close Itunes before the phone could register with it.

I had to put in T-Mobile card as well through whole process and it worked.

thanks