Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help please if possible?

Default help please if possible?
    so i have a 8 gig black 3g iphone.
    now what i want to do is unlock it, my friend got me a 16 gig white one so i want to give this one to my other friend.
    so i (for some reason) restored it to 2.2.1 and then rejailbroke it and downloaded yellowsn0w (it doesnt work duh) so then uninstalled. then i restored to 2.2 (it failed) so then i 2.2.1 again and then used winpwn (i run XP by the way) and my att doesnt even work anymore. is there any way i can get att or anything to be used for this again?

You need to restore to a legit 2.2.1, if the baseband doesnt match the firmware (which you would have done trying to downgrade it...when you cant) it wont pick up signal.

ya when you used winpwn you "hacktivated" it and then i wont work with at&t

if you upgraded to 2.2.1 you will never use the current version of yellowsn0w until they update it if ever

just restore it to 2.2.1 in itunes and use quickpwn to jailbreak it. at&t will work, but you cant unlock it unless you want to get in there soldering

EDIT: cpjr beat me to it

thank you guys VERY very much!

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    ya when you used winpwn you "hacktivated" it and then i wont work with at&t

if you upgraded to 2.2.1 you will never use the current version of yellowsn0w until they update it if ever

just restore it to 2.2.1 in itunes and use quickpwn to jailbreak it. at&t will work, but you cant unlock it unless you want to get in there soldering

EDIT: cpjr beat me to it
    Yeah, but you gave a little better description

If you already update to firmware 2.2.1 and also your Modem firmware is updated to 02.30.03, as of now there is no fix and crack to downgrade the Baseband, even trying to downgrade ng OS firmware into version 2.2 you still not getting any signal, and you are not be able to make a call due to due to new modem firmware and giving you a network error.To be able to make a call again you need to used Turbo SIM and we have to wait the the Great DEV Team to unlock the new Firmware.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone dman112's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah this happened to me to if you restore and and try it again it fix it for me.

For 2.2.1 with the new firmware you will ned a sim unlock as nothing else will help you, sorry. I have good experience with this unlock card Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    Good luck with the unlocking!