Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please!! How can i unlock the original iphone??

Default Help please!! How can i unlock the original iphone??
    Okay so here is the deal, i have the original iphione with the sliver back. How can i unlock it. i got it from a friend and its updated already on itunes. how can i unlock it and put a tmobile sim card in it??

Please im willing to donate for who ever helps me!!!

Thanks in advance

The model firmware says 04.05.04_G and the version reads 2.2.1(5h11)
    Last edited by triplemproductions; 2009-02-28 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no need to donate

just install quickpwn 2.2.5 and make sure you have 2.2.1 on the phone... click update in itunes and make sure it says up to date

run quickpwn and follow the directions until you get to the options, make sure you select unlock and cydia, you can decide on the boot logos

when it asks you for the bootloader files you will have to find them on your own... they are 3.9 and 4.6

let quickpwn finish its job and you will be unlocked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

quahog_convo (2009-03-09)

Okay all you need to do is download QuickPWN 2.2.5 and get the iPhone 2G 2.2.1 firmware. Then open QuickPWN and it will do its job, and to put a TMobile SIM card in you have to use a ATT SIM to activate, then search around on Cydia for a T-Mobile SIM card reader.
    no need to donate : D
    Who's awesome? Your Awesome

that is one way but the way i said is probably going to be a little easier

but thats okay

iPhone? More like MyPhone dman112's Avatar
    Thanks

Also when you use QuickPWN 2.2.5 make sure have YellowSn0w for unlocking

If the software unlock is not working for any reason for you you can always use the sim unlock card.
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Wow, people are over-complicating things for the OP!

You need to download QuickPwn 2.2.5

Downloads

They have the links to QuickPwn 2.2.5 and to the firmware.

You can find the bootloader here
    iPhone Downloads | iPhone Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6

Plug your iPhone into the PC and make sure iTunes detects the iPhone. Close iTunes.

Launch WinPwn 2.2.5
    Make sure you check the Unlock Option along with Cydia

Make sure your T-Mobile SIM card is in during the ENTIRE process or you will run into Activation issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan206 For This Useful Post:

quahog_convo (2009-03-09)

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    no need to donate

just install quickpwn 2.2.5 and make sure you have 2.2.1 on the phone... click update in itunes and make sure it says up to date

run quickpwn and follow the directions until you get to the options, make sure you select unlock and cydia, you can decide on the boot logos

when it asks you for the bootloader files you will have to find them on your own... they are 3.9 and 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post

Downloads

Plug your iPhone into the PC and make sure iTunes detects the iPhone. Close iTunes.

Launch WinPwn 2.2.5

Make sure your T-Mobile SIM card is in during the ENTIRE process or you will run into Activation issues.
    Just did this. Been a while and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post

Downloads

Launch WinPwn 2.2.5

dont link to bootloaders, they are considered warez

really stuck....when i get to the spot to do the bootloaders 3.6 and 4.6 i'm not sure where to look for those files...???

any idead on how to find those bootloaders?
    Last edited by kaliilo; 2009-03-11 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^^^ links sent

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    no need to donate

I did exactly that. But when i put the T-Mobile SIM in it said "Diff Sim Card Inserted" But T-Mobile was in the Carrier spot with a full signal but iTunes didnt recognize the phone

Default my iphone happen the same thing
    hi my iphone have the same firmware like your and when i unlock put the tmobile sim card in it said diff sim what wrong, please help me you guy thanks.

hey please help i try to find tmobile sim card reader on cydia but i can not find it, i unlock my iphone and put the tmobile sim card in it said diff sim, have it have the itune and cd logo please help me thanks.
    Last edited by wifiluu; 2009-03-20 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by wifiluu View Post
    hi my iphone have the same firmware like your and when i unlock put the tmobile sim card in it said diff sim what wrong, please help me you guy thanks.

hey please help i try to find tmobile sim card reader on cydia but i can not find it, i unlock my iphone and put the tmobile sim card in it said diff sim, have it have the itune and cd logo please help me thanks.
    T-Mo sim has to be in there when you unlock it, or else it will not work.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

i did leaved tmobile sim card in the iphone but after unlock and it will said diff sim if i put at&t it will activate but if i put tmobile it will pop up the emergency call

hey i got it unlock now, first you have to restore firmware 2.2.1 on itune then after that jailbreak and unlock it you have to leaved the tmobile sim in the phone after that done
    Last edited by wifiluu; 2009-03-20 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes. Ryans method worked for me. Thanks.