Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone downgrade error

Default iphone downgrade error
    Hey I have a iphone 2g, and I tried several attempts to unlock it, to use tmobile. I used pwnage, quickpwn, and ziphone. Then i tried to downgrade my iphone from 2.0 to 1.1.4, using itunes 7.5.
    it gives me an error sending it to dfu mode and stays there. is there a way to unlock iphone 2g, 2.0 firmware, to use tmobile.

Oh i forgot i tried using quickpwn, i hacked it but the tmobile sim, when connected to itunes says unsupported sim.... help!!!

Thanks. Louis

the issue might be with the itunes most people just delete itunes and try to reinstall 7.5 there are files u have to delete on your pc

thanks I'll try it and see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What on earth would you want to go back to the dark ages of 1.1.4?????!!!! Just DFU restore to a custom built 2.2.1 firmware using Pwnage Tool 2.2-5.

Apple & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - PwnageTool 2.2.5

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-02-27 at 12:21 AM.

This post is confusing, WHY would you wanna go back to 1.1.4 (WTLY?). You can do everything and more in, plus developers have moved on to the newer firmware by now.

thanks dude i'll try that method!

for some reason i tried to dfu mode in pwnage and restored to 2.2.1 it says success, then i click the iphone icon, since i have the old one 4 gigs. I hack it but nothing happens, what itunes do i need, and can any one explain the steps to unlock a 2.2.1 iphone, to use tmobile. thanks alot.
    Last edited by infinite120189; 2009-02-28 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost