Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking questions

Default unlocking questions
    im gettin a iphone 3g in a couple hours from AT&T. how can i unlock it? ive searched around and seen sites sayin iu have to pay 50-100 dollars to unlock it. is there any other way?

please i really need help
    Last edited by lostboyinlove02; 2009-02-25 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

yh. quickpwn.
    and yellowsnow(as long as its not on 2.2.1 fw)
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Well the firmware version doesn't matter. It's just the baseband, which you find in Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware.

If the baseband is at 02.28.00 then you are all set, if it is 02.30.xx then you cannot unlock it yet, unfortunately.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

^True.....but if it comes with 2.2.1 OTB, then the baseband will already be upgraded.

If you get a new one it will be most probably with the new baseband. If so there is no other solution yet but an sim card unlock. Better to use the sim card than to have a cellphone which cant be used as a phone.
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

I have a 3g on 2.2.1 but I have preserved the baseband. if I unlock now using yellowsnow and then restore it at a later date (using the same preserved baseband custom 2.2.1 fw) will I need to reunlock it? I am just worried that unlocking now to see if it works (but i dont really need to as I'm on o2 in UK) will cause problems in the future..?

anyone?