Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whatever i do i cant get 02.28 modemfirmware

Default Whatever i do i cant get 02.28 modemfirmware
    Hi!

I purchased a brand new phone that was locked with Swedish carrier Telia. I saw that it had 2.1 so i updated it to 2.2 and jailbreaked it.

BUT im still on 02.11.07 modemfirmware.. I have downloaded the .ipsw from Apple directly and some other places but it still wont work.. And i dont get any reception even though i use the card that the phone is locked to..

Any tips or pointers how to solve this? Im about to throw the stupid thing in the wall..

i would just call at&t if you havent modified it in any way

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    i would just call at&t if you havent modified it in any way
    As i said, i have a Swedish carrier.. the carrier-support said that it probably was something wrong with my antenna.. but now i found my old turbo-sim and used that with my usual carrier Tele2. Now i have full reception..

this is f*cking weird.. how many times i try to update to 2.2 i still preserve my old baseband for 2.1
    i want to use yellowsnow because i had so many lost calls with the turbosim..

yery strange.... i dont beveive that you can just update the baseband.... so you are kinda stuck with turbo sim

Only way update your baseband to 2.28.00 is restore to itunes with original(not custom)fw.Then jailbrake again...

Been there done that, like 10 times over now. Both on Windows and OS X.

Just talked to my carrier.. he claims that my iphone is not sold in sweden, as it is not in the database for iphones.. the phone works with turbosim and my other carrier Tele2. But i have no option to change the datasettings, so 3g is useless.. its like a wery expensive iphone 2g..