Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Different SIM detected

Default Different SIM detected
    Hi guys,

I have an iphone with version 2.1 and I am using QuickPwn to unlock the phone. I have tried the method twice now and it says that everything is successful. However, when I start the phone with the new sim, it says "Different Sim Dectected". Please connect phone to iTunes.

I don't know what is going wrong. Please help me out here. Thanks.
    PS: Cydia and Installer install correctly and are on the menu screen.

did you unlock it with quick pwn

if not you need to rejailbreak and select unlock then find the bootloader files

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    did you unlock it with quick pwn

if not you need to rejailbreak and select unlock then find the bootloader files
    Dude, you need to read my post more carefully. I have clearly mentioned that I am using QuickPwn 2.5!

i know but i wasnt sure if you knew how to unlock it via quickpwn it is different situation between every person here and i need to assume that you dont know what your doing so that we can go over all possible resoloutions

im sorry if i underestimate your knowledge

That's OK. I hv also seen alot of people who have no idea what they're upto here. But now that you do know what I'm doing, do you know why I'm getting this error? Any suggestions? Thanks.

try taking your sim out and putting it back in

otherwise you will have to reunlock

i would try bootneuter in cydia

Default RE: Different Sim Detected
    Easy Fix - Take all SIM cards out. Restore with Itunes to 2.2.1. Then QuickPwn. Then reinsert SIM card and you should be good to go. I had the same issue last week and this worked for me.

I have the impression that you can not unlock 2.2.1 firmware!?
    That is the reason I bought a sim card
    If he upgrade to 2.2.1 wont he lock again his iphone?
    I am somewhat confused now...
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Quote Originally Posted by jpadock View Post
    I have the impression that you can not unlock 2.2.1 firmware!?
    That is the reason I bought a sim card
    If he upgrade to 2.2.1 wont he lock again his iphone?
    I am somewhat confused now...

You are right and wrong... What someone should have asked is what phone model is ecosse using. You can unlock the iphone 2g with version 2.2.1. However it is not the same for the 3g. Once you update iphone 3g to 2.2.1, YOU CANNOT UNLOCK IT (YET).

I have a mac and use pwnage tool so i am not sure if the setting are the same but Have you tried re-unlcoked the iphone with quickpawn with the sim you want to use inserted into it while unlocking it and selecting to activate the iphone by itself so itunes doesnt have to.

Hope this helps.