Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 activate as well as Jailbreak the iPhone 3G?

Smile Does Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 activate as well as Jailbreak the iPhone 3G?
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 3G on firmware 2.1 and I would like to restore it to firmware 2.2 and jailbreak and unlock it.

I don't have the official sim card it came with, so when I restore it to firmware 2.2 it will become unactivated and I wont be able to activate it via iTunes. I would like to know if Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 will activate or bypass activation on the iPhone 3G as well as jailbreaking it, so once Quickpwn has done its job, the iPhone 3G will boot to the springboard with all the apps on it instead of the "Slide for emergency" screen, and iTunes will think it is activated so I can sync it normally with iTunes.

Any help with an answer to my question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dominic

no use this firmware to restor in itunes ( shift click or option click)

then you wiill be activated and jailbroken then install yellowsn0w turn off put in sim turn back on and your good

[ame=http://www.zshare.net/download/556857553b828aa3]zSHARE - iPhone1_2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw[/ame]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

hernlui (2009-02-28)

Default SIM card error in itunes
    Hi,

I did a restore on my 3G iphone with 2.2 using the custom firmware described above. When it finishes the restore, itunes gives me the unsupported SIM error.
    What can I do? I've tried it a couple of times and still get the same result. Would it have to do anything with the fact I'm doing it in Costa Rica?
    Your help will be highly appreciated.

L.

you need to install yellowsnow
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

yes, you need to use yellow snow!

The phone stays in emergency mode, therefore I can't install yellowsnOw.
    Any ideas?

Ok, do you want to unlcok it for use on any network? Do you just want to jailbreak it?

First of all if you just want to jailbreak it, slide the slider that says 'slide for emergency' and then type in *3001#12345#* then press the 'call' button. A menu will pop up, click 'version'. let me know what version it is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to domy For This Useful Post:

hernlui (2009-02-28)

I want to unlock and jailbreak. But I have a PC, thus I can't do it directly. I went ahead and restored back to 2.2 just to make sure I hadn't f**ked up my baseband firmware and fortunately it is still on 02.28.00
    I installed yellowsn0w and everything worked. But ofcourse I still would like my 3G on 2.2.1
    My understanding is that you custom restore to the above stated ipsw and the phone ends up unlocked AND jailbroken just doing the shift+restore in itunes... Am I missing something???

you just need the custom ispw for 2.2.1 that does NOT have the baseband update. thats all. the baseband is not necessarily unlocked...you would still need to install yellowsnow.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

hernlui (2009-02-28)

Ok I re-downloaded the ipsw and did it all over again and it worked.
    Thanks for ur help.

L.

Enjoy your iPhone now!