Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BIG problem with my 3G

Default BIG problem with my 3G
    I received a 3G that was already one 2.2.1. I used PwnageTool to pwn it. Now, even after restoring it back to default settings, the phone does not connect to any networks, including using my friends' AT&T SIMs. It just shows the 1/5 bars, sometimes says No Service, and never gives a carrier. What did I do??? May it have something to do with the fact that when I restored it to default it had a "dummy" SIM in it (an AT&T SIM no longer in service)? Should I try restoring with my friend's AT&T SIM in it?

try re jailbreaking it with pwnage and activate it (under general category i think)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Should I try restoring with my friend's AT&T SIM in it?
    yeah I would try this ( but I think it wil not help) and if it does not work try an unlock sim card like this one: Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    It works with the new baseband. Good luck to you!
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

From your explanation it seems that you have the new baseband 2.30 on your iphone. I think you need a hardware sim unlock, as it it at this moment the only thing that works with the 2.2.1 firmware with the new baseband. I have one of these sims and it works for me nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    I received a 3G that was already one 2.2.1.

sry

ok, ok, maybe I spoke too soon. Here's how to check.

Go to settings/general/about.
    If Modem Firmware is 02.30.00, THEN you're fvcked!
    (hope you're not fvcked, .... please post results)

-Mark
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-02-14 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language