Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help. 1.1.4 Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken but no t-mobile service!?!

Default Help. 1.1.4 Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken but no t-mobile service!?!
    Can anyone help me? I can't get my t-mobile service working. I get No Service, Searching..., and half of one signal bar up in the top left corner.

I used ziPhone 2.5c after restoring to 1.1.4 I selected do it all.

I installed Baseband Info from Installer and here is what it is displaying with my t-mobile SIM card in it:

Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G
    EEPROM Version 208
    EEPROM Revision 1
    Bootloader Version 3.9_M3S2
    Phone Number Unknown

Under About in General Settings it says Version 1.1.4 (4A102)

I bought this iPhone today refurbished from an AT&T store. It came with 1.1.3 on it and ziPhone didn't work on it either. I have tried iNdependence, and iJailbreak. Have done multiple restores as well. So I have been trying anything and everything possible today to get this working for my wife today and have spent hours on this so far today. Is this a hardware issue? Or an issue with the ziPhone software?

What else can I try if anything? Help. Anyone?

did you used the latest ziphone 2.5c restore back to 1.1.3 then unlock it after that you can update or restore back 1.1.4 then unlock with ziphhone again

Banned
    Thanks

just restore and click on do it all again in ZiPhone

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    did you used the latest ziphone 2.5c restore back to 1.1.3 then unlock it after that you can update or restore back 1.1.4 then unlock with ziphhone again
    Did this. Didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    just restore and click on do it all again in ZiPhone
    Tried this about 1,000,000 times. This issue HAS to be with the ziPhone software. I have seen numerous people with the "No Service" issue on here and many other forums as well. I just want my wife to be able to use this darn iPhone. Why was 1.1.2 OTB and upgraded to 1.1.3 so painless and this is such a pain in my @ss?!>!
    Last edited by jmaluso; 2008-03-05 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tap on Settings from the home screen.
    Choose General
    Reset Network Settings

If it doesn't work , try
    Choose Reset

Quote Originally Posted by thienvota View Post
    Tap on Settings from the home screen.
    Choose General
    Reset Network Settings

If it doesn't work , try
    Choose Reset
    Thanks. I had tried that as well. I think I have pretty much tried everything that has been posted on this site, hackint0sh, and a few others....running out of options except for a fix to ziPhone

Please follow my post from this thread here... Should be ok.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...591#post255591

Quote Originally Posted by Rajputro View Post
    Please follow my post from this thread here... Should be ok.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...591#post255591
    Unfortunately your post was one of the 1st things I tried yesterday. Thanks for the reply though...

I did all of this on OSX versions yesterday and today. Having a coworker try on the windows version of ziPhone and we will also try to downgrade 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 and try ziPhone 2.4 instead of the newest version...still have a few more ideas but running out quickly.

What exactly did upgrading my 1.1.3 OTB to 1.1.4 do after I got the intial "No signal" issue yesterday? When I restore backwards to 1.1.3 and get the 1015 error and use ibrickr or iNdependence to get back to normal to use ziPhone again..is the bootloader or baseband not at the correct level it is supposed to be at on 1.1.3?

Thanks all,
    Joe

That info was for windows, just to be sure, please do this one more time, step by step...

1. Download and save the latest firmware to a folder
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw

2. Press hold the Options key and click on resotre in itue, select that saved firmware.

3. Download this ziphone from this link
    http://rapidshare.com/files/96078701...X-2.5.tbz.html

4. Once extracted the file to a folder, run ziphone from that folder.

5. Click on do it all.

tried it again. no dice.

I am going to restore and exchange at the AT&T store. Maybe it was messed up by someone before I got it or the radio is bad. It was a refurbished unit.

I don't know what the issue was with that iPhone but i restored and took it back to the AT&T store. They gave me another one and it was 1.1.2 OTB. I upgraded to 1.1.3 the used ziPhone 2.5c via OSX and it worked flawlessly. Popped in my t-mobile SIM and everything was up and running.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
    Last edited by jmaluso; 2008-03-06 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i got the same problem with same "fixes" and the phone appears ever the same NO SERVICE
    Hablando en Español

I received one 1.1.2 and one 1.1.3 (both OTB´s) upgraded via itunes to 1.1.4 by mistake.

So, I used Ziphone 2.5 to Activate, Jailbreak and Unlock, but the Unlock did not work (just Activate and Jailbreak).

After that, I´ve decided to run Ziphone 2.4, just the Unlock. It worked like a charm and downgraded the Baseband to 04.02.13

I did not downgrade the BL (still running 3.9)

Anyone has an idea what´s going on? Should I downgrade the BL to 3.9 ?

thx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheemoo View Post
    I received one 1.1.2 and one 1.1.3 (both OTB´s) upgraded via itunes to 1.1.4 by mistake.

So, I used Ziphone 2.5 to Activate, Jailbreak and Unlock, but the Unlock did not work (just Activate and Jailbreak).

After that, I´ve decided to run Ziphone 2.4, just the Unlock. It worked like a charm and downgraded the Baseband to 04.02.13

I did not downgrade the BL (still running 3.9)

Anyone has an idea what´s going on? Should I downgrade the BL to 3.9 ?

thx!!!
    If you want to go with the new Baseband, you have to downgrade the bootloader to 3.9
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

Sheemoo (2008-03-06)

Hey AoTW!!!

Just one more question: the command is -b, right?! Or should I use verbose mode as well ?

thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheemoo View Post
    Hey AoTW!!!

Just one more question: the command is -b, right?! Or should I use verbose mode as well ?

thx!
    I used the GUI version(use 2.5c) and simply start it up and hit the first button to jailbreak, activate and unlock(the process includes the BL downgrade).

Hope that helps.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

lecter (2008-03-22)

I just stuck with upgrading the iPhone to 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.4 and everything went smothly. My dad also purchased to more 8gb refurbs last night and they were 1.1.2 OTB and I upgraded to 1.1.3 then used ziPhone 2.5c on them both and they worked like a charm as well. They had 04.04.05_G radio firmware though after the ziPhone software finished. Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by jmaluso View Post
    I just stuck with upgrading the iPhone to 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.4 and everything went smothly. My dad also purchased to more 8gb refurbs last night and they were 1.1.2 OTB and I upgraded to 1.1.3 then used ziPhone 2.5c on them both and they worked like a charm as well. They had 04.04.05_G radio firmware though after the ziPhone software finished. Normal?
    Yes, if they have 04.04.05 Bseband if the BL is 3.9