Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After Unlocking unable to make calls "Different SIM detected" but can receive calls

Default After Unlocking unable to make calls "Different SIM detected" but can receive calls
    I am extremely frustrated. I have been working on this for hours. Let me start from the top.
    I have a 2Gen iPhone, NOT the 3G, version 2.2 which was unlocked with quickpwn 2.2 via my mac. So after finishing that process, I went into Cydia and downloaded Bootneuter to complete the unlocking process. Well after i turned off the phone and when it came back on with the t-mobile sim card being inserted, a message appeared on the wallpaper screen saying "Different SIM detected Connect to iTunes" My question is..... Now what?!?!?!?!? The crazy thing about this whole situation is that i can receive phone calls but I cant make any phone calls out. I can receive text messages but cant text out. It says emergency phone calls only. I am unable to get to the icon screen unless I take out the sim card. The T-Mobile sign is in the upper left hand side of the phone. This is nuts!!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

Yea it has something to do with that phone being activated by ATT and still having the activation files on the phone. I was unlocking a friends phone he bought off someone and I ran into the same problem.

I found THIS thread that fixed the problem. Should fix yours as well.

Btw, I used quickpwn to do everything (unlock/jailbreak).
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

reconvic (2009-03-28)

Try to remove the sim card before you restore/jailbreak it OR replace the lockdown folder with lockdown patch...

Do you have any suggestions for me? I am not on a PC I am on a mac... I am having the EXACT same issue