Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what is the best way to unlock my 2gen iPhone ?!?!?!?

Default what is the best way to unlock my 2gen iPhone ?!?!?!?
    So here is the deal. I had a 2nd Generation iPhone that was unlocked 1.1.4 and it was experiencing hardware issues. I put in my brothers AT&T Sim card and brought it back to the apple store. They told me the phone was still under the one year manufacture warranty so they gave me a new iPhone that is 2nd Generation. So now here is the deal, how do go about my unlocking this new iPhone? I dont feel like taking it to someone if it is easy enough to just unlock it myself. Keep in mind its the 2.2Version.

Thanks in advanced, and have a great day!
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

LYRICALDETOX (2009-02-09)

Thank You very much.

so hey another quick question, which one do i need

PwnageTool 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | Windows

iPhone 3G 2.2 Firmware
    iPhone 2.2 Firmware

Do I need pawnage tool, quickpwn and firmware? or do i need just any one of the three?
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

Quote Originally Posted by LYRICALDETOX View Post
    PwnageTool 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | Windows
    what do you have Mac or PC?

iPhone 3G 2.2 Firmware
    iPhone 2.2 Firmware
    IS it a 3G?

Do I need pawnage tool, quickpwn and firmware? or do i need just any one of the three?
    If you have a mac.. Then you need pawnage tool or quickpwn and firmware 2.2
    If you have a PC. Then quickpwn for windows and firmware 2.2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

LYRICALDETOX (2009-02-09)

i am in the process of unlocking and jailbreaking but when i try to browse for the ipsw file it wont accept the file, a message pops up stating wrong firmware selected. any suggestions
    Last edited by LYRICALDETOX; 2009-02-09 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

just use quickpwn if you are already on 2.2 pwnage tool should already know which firmware you are on if it is installed on yor iphone

i tried using the quickpwn as well and it didnt work. so this sucks. hmmmmmm, should i update it to 2.2.1 ????
    then try the quickpwn process over again?
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

I had the same problem Lyricaldetox,after reading forums and blogs I finally decided to download all the files I needed to "unlock" my iPhone 2g after I accidently upgraded my itunes (my iPhone was already jailbroken) which restored it to factorysettings ooohhhh DRAMA ... I spend one sleepless night trying to figure out what and how to do it. After getting tons of error messages and one message that my .Net Framework was not the approriate one I gave up at 9 in the morning! Brought the iPhone to a store that unlocks phones and paid U$100.00 to unlock it U$70 more than I initially paid to unlock it the first time in 2007. But the good news is IT WORKS NOW!!! I couldn't face living without my "Gate to the World" here in the Caribbean.