Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Permanent Unlocks??

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko View Post
    -phew- that was a close one i guess. i was hoping you wouldn't wind up being one of those individuals that i usually avoid on forums just to avoid trouble. lolol.

well, thanks for your help anyway. my main reason for starting this thread was to attempt to find a more permanent method, since the iPhone Dev. Team created yellowsn0w as just a soft unlock. i was hoping that maybe somebody with a little more experience may have cracked open their 3G and snooped around trying to find an actual hardware unlocking method.

and just how inconsistent are the TurboSim cards? i've heard of people complaining that they switch service providers whenever there is one around that has a stronger signal and a reboot doesn't do anything to solve it, but those were iPhone owners in other countries.

i guess i'll just use my old sidekick until the Dev. Team updates yellowsn0w, if they even can. some rumors say that they aren't even sure if they can crack the firmware. :[[

thanks,

and yeah, i can probably just pawn the iPhone off on craigslist or something and just find a new one with the older firmware.

i should've looked into it more than i did, i'll admit that. i've learned my lesson. lmao.

hey, i noticed in your signature, your avatar and Gears of War 2 pictures. would you play Call of Duty by any chance? haha. part of me never really got into Gears of War, i'm addicted to Call of Duty though.

OMG i cant belive this whole thread ..... the dev team bring out a fix the DAY after any updtae by Apple and some people still think that is not good enough

and then to top it off it has turned into a gaming thread talking about Gears of War.

i say keep up the fantastic work dev team you make a lot of people VERY VERY HAPPY
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks

i never really got into call of duty because i dont like old war games, now CoD4 might be possible because i hear that online is crazy, but i also do ghost recon

Here is how to dissasemble your iphone. Maybe you can permanently unlock it and put the dev team out of business
    iPhone 3G

If that does not work for you you can stil get an unlock sim http://www.unlockediphone.info
    and you will be able to at least use your iphone instead of waiting for the upgrade of yellowsnow.
    Last edited by jason.ri; 2009-03-30 at 10:23 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jason.ri For This Useful Post:

gia1 (2009-02-21), ohemgeeitsNiko (2009-02-15), tak2mark (2009-02-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jason.ri View Post
    Here is how to dissasemble your iphone. Maybe you can permanently unlock it and put the dev team out of business
    iPhone 3G

If that does not work for you you can stil get an unlock sim http://www.unlockediphone.inf
    and you will be able to at least use your iphone instead of waiting for the upgrade of yellowsnow.
    thanks for the links!

that disassembly guide may be helpful.

That is a great link, imagine people disassembling their iphones and unlocking them. Wish there were such hardware unlock shops in USA.
    Last edited by jpadock; 2009-02-14 at 11:51 AM.
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

yes, ... great links, .. . be sure to 'thank'

Thread cleaned of childish comments...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bump for any recent discoveries.

erm, so i came across this on craigslist.

there was an ad. about this private company that found out how to unlock the most recent firmware on the iPhone 3G. (2.30.03)

i'm gonna head over to there store tomorrow morning. i have a feeling it's going to be a software unlock, i'm not too sure. they're charging $30 for the unlock and an extra $10 for jailbreaking.

so i'll see how things go, and try to discover their secret, [[if it even works]] and i'll report back here.

- Niko
    Last edited by ohemgeeitsNiko; 2009-02-16 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did anyone else find another way to unlock their phones with the newest firmware?

Default solution
    I ordered the solution from Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    It works fine for me ( incl 3G ). Im stunned that i dont even have to enter airplane mode to sync with itunes.

Default Gevey 3g Plus 2 Turbo Sim works
    The newest Gevey 3g Plus 2 Turbo sim works with 2.2.1. Just be sure you get an authentic one. Their sold on ebay. The Gevey web site has pictures.

Default It doesn't work completely
    I just bought a Gevey Plus2, to see if I can start using my Iphone 3G with firmw 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.
    With the gevey the phone worked, it receive signal, I can make calls and receive call, but the data doesn't work when I use the card, I never had that can of issues when unlocking by software.

Maybe there is any other card out there that works better, but and Iphone without data!!! hmm I can have a phone for $10 and don't need an unlock for it.

Diego

i also bough this for my iphone with baseband 02.30 and i keep getting the diffrent sim detected please connect to itunes msg when i have the tubo sim with tmobile sim in? any soloutions? the iphone has been activated and jailbroken as well

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Let us know

Am also having the same problem.. Please let me know how you resolved it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter30 View Post
    I ordered the solution from Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    It works fine for me ( incl 3G ). Im stunned that i dont even have to enter airplane mode to sync with itunes.
    I'm seriously considering picking one of these up, for the $37.95 price. I picked up a 16gb Black iPhone 3G (refurbished) for $199 + tax; didn't really "need" it, since I still use my 2G iPhone (still running 1.1.1 and unlocked), but I wanted a new phone. Was really hoping for a free version, but as we all know yellowsn0w won't work on the 2.30.03 modem version with BL 5.9.

The Dev Team could come out with a new version tomorrow...or never. Seems like the unlockediphone.info card would work, but their website says "Order trough paypal" - not sure how much I trust a "company" that can't spell "through".

i got a turbo sim from ebay for 9 bucks and it's working.... like a piece of cake...

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in.

I'm on T-mobile in New Mexico USA. I've got a brand new iPhone 3g 16gb. I've got the 2.2.1 / 2.30 combo so its as of now not able to be unlocked via yellowsn0w. As its brand new I know that the bootloader is not downgradeable.

I ordered a genuine Gevey 2 turbo sim. I started off from the actual Gevey site. They had a page that listed their authorized, legit dealers/ sellers. One happened to be on ebay. Heres the link:

eBay Store - Stoobie's Electronics Store: Gevey Sim Cards

I'm going to vouch for this guy because my sim chip from t-mobile works without a hitch.

I've made & received calls. I've sent and received text messages. I have NOT had to do anything to sync with my Macbook Pro other than plug in and sync. It is worthy of note that I did pwn and jailbreak my phone before using the SIM.

The one thing I will say is that when I put in the SIM chip I had left the phone on. It hard locked and I had to press both the power AND the home button to get it to hard turn off. I then reinserted the turbo sim and my sim chip from Tmo, powered back on and it took 2 minutes to search and then came right up with the Tmobile network. I have not had ANY problems with it other than that one lock up. I tried to get it to power off just by pressing the power button but it locked up hard. So my advice would be to absolutely go ahead and buy the sim chip and make sure you power off your phone first, then insert the chips and power on. You'll have no problems.

i suspect that some of these people complaining about the gevey not working are doing something wrong, there might be something wrong with their phones or there's something else at work there.

One thing I want to say is that I was expecting a bigger envelope, but props to stoobie, he had sent my chip in a plain standard letter envelope well padded and protected. You guys need to make ABSOLUTELY DEAD SURE you are buying a legit chip. Doing so will help ensure success. As always YMMV ( your mileage may vary )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12