Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking when you have ATT Service already?

Default Unlocking when you have ATT Service already?
    well what im trying to ask is.. what if my friend wanted to use his simcard in my phone one day.. cause iv been in this situation before.. considering my friends break their phones all the time.. but if i unlocked it and kept my service.. it would just allow me to use any simcard correct? or would my ATT service stop working? thanks in advanced

if my friends kept breaking their cell phones, I certainly wouldn't let them touch my iphone to begin with lol....

hahaha i know.. but.. we all ride freestyle bmx.. so we fall on them constantly.. as i said before in other posts... this thing is a beast.. havnt broke it yet.. i think its because i dont keep it on me while i ride like my dumbass friends..

i have at&t with full data plan and everything... i unlocked my fine about an hour ago and everything works... i did this for when i go overseas cause then i can use a prepaid sim card in this phone, or if someone needs to make a call using their phone... so to answer your question, its safe to unlock for now (maybe not in the future)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fightclub View Post
    i have at&t with full data plan and everything... i unlocked my fine about an hour ago and everything works... i did this for when i go overseas cause then i can use a prepaid sim card in this phone, or if someone needs to make a call using their phone... so to answer your question, its safe to unlock for now (maybe not in the future)
    what method did you use

id like to know also.. for future reference

Mines unlocked and it works fine too. I am on Pc and I used this... > Unlock Guide Just scroll down to see my guide.

I did mine for the same reasons.. Traveling
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    what method did you use

i used this method

Code:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_software_unlock_iPhone_iUnlock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOXiN View Post
    hahaha i know.. but.. we all ride freestyle bmx.. so we fall on them constantly.. as i said before in other posts... this thing is a beast.. havnt broke it yet.. i think its because i dont keep it on me while i ride like my dumbass friends..
    never understood why some people have to call it 'freestyle' bmx. but as everyone else said....yes you can unlock it and continue using your current sim.

cause i dont ride bmx tracks.. thats bmx.. i ride ramps.. skateparks.. huge dirt trails.. thats freestyle bmx.. you dont see bmx guys doing turndowns while racing.. haha

YO. you guys who have your phone unlocked and go over seas, have to tried it over ses yet. I have a 1.0.2 original usa iphone and its unlocked and i use att, ( i didnt want to get the fuckin contract) and it works great, I also hd a orange sim card with me in the states, so i tried it out and it worked in the phone in the states. BUT when i came over to england and tried the ornge sim in the phone , it does NOT work. The att sim works( with crzy world rates the charge you) the att sim just uses the o2 network.....
    any help or suggestions would be awesome, thx. oh and safe riding my friends, dmn i wish i was young again and could get RAD!....( you guys know who radical rick was/is?
    anyway
    later