Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Different sim detected (connect to itunes

Unhappy Different sim detected (connect to itunes
    can any one help me with this problem, im using QuickPwn-225-2 with my t-mobile sim card in the 2g iphone and it still don't work
    im using firmware 1_2.2.1 please help.

I didn't try this on 2.2.1.But it was working on 2.2.
    Just search on google&find lockdown patch.Then ssh into your phone&replace it...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

chicokelly (2009-02-07)

I'm having the same problem right now, and I've read that you should take the simcard out, restart the phone, then restore with iTunes, and run QuickPWN without the simcard in the phone, I'm trying this method right now with QuickPWN 2.2.5-2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyCow View Post
    I'm having the same problem right now, and I've read that you should take the simcard out, restart the phone, then restore with iTunes, and run QuickPWN without the simcard in the phone, I'm trying this method right now with QuickPWN 2.2.5-2
    I had the same problem, and it works! You just have to remove the sims card before you restore or jailbreak/unlock it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Problem fixed
    Some people are having problems with unlocking their iPhones. The problem is that after QuickPwn finishes the iPhone says "Different SIM

detected. Connect to iTunes". Many forums are full of replys saying use QuickPwn and follow the insturctions properly "it will work". I had

this problem and it doesn't just work. I have however found a solution which worked for me.

1. Use the original sim to get iTunes to recognise the iPhone again.
    2. Take out the SIM.
    3. Put the iPhone into recovery mode.
    3.1 Hold the Home button ( on the front of the phone ) for 5 seconds
    3.2 keep holding the home button and hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
    3.3 Release the power button but Keep holding the home button for 20 seconds.
    4. Connect the phone to iTunes and use restore to install the firmware. Hold shift and click restore to select a different firmware if you

wish. Different firmwares can be found all over the net just google the version you desire.
    5. Close iTunes
    6. Run Quick pwn
    7. When QuickPwn is finished insert the SIM card.

My iPhone worked fine at this point so if this didn't fix the problem then something else must be going wrong.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jazmann For This Useful Post:

nyking2bam (2009-04-27), ucim2cute (2009-04-24), wmartinlsmith (2009-04-28)

Thanks

Yes!! You were right, it worked!! I have been at it all week, and tried EVERYTHING So one of the great guys in that forum where I was posting my problem all week, copied and pasted your suggestion on the whole doing it WITHOUT the sims card in there, and I just followed what you said, and took out the sims, and did the whole process, and it worked! Yaaaay!!

Well, i just wanted to thank you, you saved me from paying someone to do it for me, cuz I was to the point of DONE messing with it!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

jazmann thank you,, listn to jazmann it worked for me

well after a few days i downgraded to 2.2 and reran qckpwn and it worked. after gettting the itunes screen. now to get another phone for me.. this one is going to the wife.

Folks, I need help with the iPhone 2G that I had previously jailbroken and unlocked sometime ago which has been running fine without any issues. Current version is 1.1.1 (3A109a) Modem Firmware 04.01.13_G. I know that there are newer versions out their but I never messed with it since everything has been working great. I just bought a new 3GS (Already unlocked) and decided to give my 2G to my wife. However, when I put her sim in the 2G, I get "Differnt sim detected" message. Reading this page it appears that I would need quickpwn to resolve this problem. But when I search the web for qwickpwn, I am finding various differnt versions of it. Since my iPhone version is so old, I am not sure what I need to download and steps that will resolve this issue. I would appreciate it very much if someone can provide step by step process along with what apps and version to download to fix this problem. Thanks in advance...