Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help iphone unknown history

Default help iphone unknown history
    i have a 4 gigabyte 2g iphone which is stuck in recovery mode. I don't know the history firmware version, unlocking or jailbreaking - it belonged to the son of the lady who gave it to me who didn't know much about what he had done with it. I want to put the latest firmware on the phone and unlock it and try it with t-mobile. I thought that quickpwn could unlock and jailbreak the latest version of FW so here is what i did. installed latest version of itunes and rebooted pc. connected phone, itunes detected phone and said it was in recovery mode and needed to be restored. Itunes downloaded latest FW and did it's thing, when it finished said all okay and phone would be reset and be visible in Itunes. Instead after a few seconds itunes popped up message about phone in recovery mode needed to reinstall software etc

Next i downloaded latest version of quickpwn, bl-39.bin, bl-46.bin and iphone1,1_2.2.1_5h11_restore.ipsw and put in a folder

reconnected iphone, in itunes got the need to restore message, shift clicked restore button, selected iphone1,1_2.2.1_5h11_restore.ipsw and let itunes do it's thing. ended okay, but then after a few seconds got the phone in recovery mode message again. now i started quickpwn but after a few seconds of trying to detect the iphone it crashed, tried it a couple more times but it just crashes every time.

i'm wondering how to proceed? this is an older phone so probably had version 1 f/w originally, how i do i restore this and then upgrade my way forward again? this phone looks to be in good mechanical condition, pretty clean, nice uncracked screen etc i'd like to get the s/w sorted out rather than just sell it for parts

how can i get a version of firmware onto the phone so i can proceed with upgrade, unlock, jailbreak etc??

I don't have an active ATT sim

thanks

Try to put it into DFU mode&try again...

thanks - but which bit should i try again?