Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data Plan Help...

Default Data Plan Help...
    Hey all,

I currently had a family plan for 3 Razr's in my family, unlimited text, 500 mins- osmething like that (AT&T of course)

I decided to buy an unlocked iPhone on eBay and I put my SIM card in. Everything works fine but now I want to purchase an unlimited data plan from AT&T so I can take advantage of safari and mail etc.

When I log into my AT&T account I see it detected my iPhone because under my number it shows an iPhone.

How can I go about getting a data plan? Do I need to buy a "Family Data" plan or what?

Regards

if it's any help, i tried to add a data plan to the iPhone alone at AT&T site (Unlimited Data + 200 Texts) for like $20/m but there was some error and wanted us to call AT&T

but this is a problem because we never activated the iphone, and the whole reason I bought it unlocked was so that I wouldn't have to do that stupid 2 yr contract

I'm guessing AT&T knows I didn't properly activate the iPhone and that is preventing me from purchasing this data plan??

I'm assuming my alternative would be to buy a family data plan that would effect all the phones on the plan, including this iPhone- which now has a sim card which was previously in my razr

thx for nothing u ***** horse **** licking pieces of ****
    Last edited by daggydag; 2009-02-06 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Eventually ATT will realise you have an iphone and will require you to set it up as an iphone. To the best of my knowledge they wont ake you sign a contract, but you will be paying the monthly bill.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings