Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I upgrade firmware from 02.11.07 to 02.28.00?

Default How do I upgrade firmware from 02.11.07 to 02.28.00?
    How the heck do I upgrade my modem firmware to 02.28.00?
    When 2.1 came out, we were all advised not to upgrade the firmware, so I didn't. I'm now on 2.2 with firmware 02.11.07 which won't work with yellowsn0w.

I've tried several DFU restores to 2.2 and the firmware still stays at 02.11.07.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A normal iTunes update / restore process for the 3G (and 3G only) using firmware 2.2 updates the baseband to 2.28.00. Updating with firmware 2.2.1, the baseband is also updated to 2.30.03. This happens automatically using iTunes. Note: While the iPhone can be downgraded to a prior firmware version, the baseband can NEVER be downgraded.

Its easy

Download the original 2.2 fw not 2.2.1
    Press shift and update in Itunes - choose that downloaded firmware -and let it run

If you had a jailbreak, do the same, but instead of update make restore

Thats all - now you have 2.2 with 2.28 baseband

Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    Its easy

Press shift and update in Itunes - choose that downloaded firmware -and let it run

Ruben
    That's what I thought. But I swear I've tried it three times. Twice on a Mac and once on Windows. I tried a simple restore and a full DFU restore and my software version is 2.2 and my firmware is still 02.11.07.

I'll try downloading the 2.2 software from a different source and try once more.

download from apple!!! Or from here

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

Ruben

You have a 3g right?
    Yay!! That worked. Thanks.
    I think my first ipsw must have been a custom build or something.

Its easy

Ruben
    I have the same problem like this
    when I restore the custom firmware I occured a error 1604 from itunes
    Do you have any advice for me?

Hey I am currently trying to jailbreak my iphone with a modem firmware 02.28.00. First my itunes is the latest update.. when i press restore/update to 2.2 on my iphone.. it updates 3/4 of the way.. then it "finishes" with the download.. however,you can actually use it but only with a fido sim card and not with a rogers sim card. Then when i use quickpwn, when i was about to jailbreak it at the screen when you have to hold the home button for 5 sec, blah blah blah... my iphone screen goes back to the one where u have to plug in your iphone to itunes... and it "locks" again.. you kno how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by queritor View Post
    How the heck do I upgrade my modem firmware to 02.28.00?
    When 2.1 came out, we were all advised not to upgrade the firmware, so I didn't. I'm now on 2.2 with firmware 02.11.07 which won't work with yellowsn0w.

I've tried several DFU restores to 2.2 and the firmware still stays at 02.11.07.
    Ok I am in the same boat, I dont understand what yellowsn0w is 100% but I seen it on phone last night and I want to get it if I understand this right...

I have a iphone 3G with 2.2 Firmware and 02.11.07 baseband on ATT Service.. Everywhere I read said not to upgrade the baseband, so I didnt. Has this changed?

What is yellowsn0w and what will it do that I cant do now?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thankyou

D

Quote Originally Posted by millendan View Post
    Ok I am in the same boat, I dont understand what yellowsn0w is 100% but I seen it on phone last night and I want to get it if I understand this right...

I have a iphone 3G with 2.2 Firmware and 02.11.07 baseband on ATT Service.. Everywhere I read said not to upgrade the baseband, so I didnt. Has this changed?

What is yellowsn0w and what will it do that I cant do now?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thankyou

D
    3G unlock - official yellowsn0w devteam site
    It allows your phone to work with SIMs from any carrier.
    It requires firmware 02.28.00.

Quote Originally Posted by queritor View Post
    3G unlock - official yellowsn0w devteam site
    It allows your phone to work with SIMs from any carrier.
    It requires firmware 02.28.00.
    Ok my phone is already jailbroken,(I use cydia) so do I not need to get yellowsn0w? If I do get Yellowsn0w what will it do for me?

Thanks for replying

D