Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yellowsn0w 0.9.7

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Angry Yellowsn0w 0.9.7
    Hi just loaded Cydia up and there was a yellowsn0w upgrade 0.9.7

So i upgraded and this resulted in the unlock not working ????

has anyone else had a problem ????

whats going on?? i have nothing but respect for the Dev team but is this upgrade for the new firmware and if so why is there no warning. i thought upgrades made things better.

I managed to get 0.9.6 back throught Installer (who thankfully are slower than Cydia)

has anyone got any idea what is going on,or is anyone else got the same problem if so we need to tell the Dev team.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Works for me. 3G-16GB 2.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Works for me also. 8GB fw-2.2

Thanks

i dont undersatnd it. Did you both just update from Cydia ?

after i installed 0.9.7 and rebooted my phone it said it was activating my phone and could take some time .... i waited 15 mins but it was still serching .... did i not wait long enough ,,, did you have the same message ....

any ideas or should i just stay with 0.9.6

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes, simple update from Cydia. You got an activate message? Hmmm. That doesn't sound good. Did you originally use Quickpwn or Pwnage. I've always used Pwnage.

One more thing I noticed. After the 1st reboot it searched for awhile before finding T-Mobile. On subsequent boots it finds the network immediately.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-01-30 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Yes, simple update from Cydia. You got an activate message? Hmmm. That doesn't sound good. Did you originally use Quickpwn or Pwnage. I've always used Pwnage.

One more thing I noticed. After the 1st reboot it searched for awhile before finding T-Mobile. On subsequent boots it finds the network immediately.
    i used Quickpwn as i am a Windows user ,,,, could i have used Pwnage ??? if so where do i get it from ??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pwnage is mac only so the quick answer is no. It is possible to download a ipsw created by Pwnage and load it with Quickpwn. But truthfully, that shouldn't be the issue.

If it's still not working (very surprised) there could have been an issue with your original jb. It might be wise to start over. But keep it simple, use Quickpwn again. Don't want to add complexity unless absolutely necessary. JMHO!

Hey, did you delete 0.97 and re-install? Also, since 0.96 was working you can get it on MMI and reinstall that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

0.9.7 was released for 2.2.1 firmware compatibility. If you're still on firmware 2.2 then don't worry about it. If you're getting an activation message you most likely need to DFU restore to 2.2 and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    i used Quickpwn as i am a Windows user ,,,, could i have used Pwnage ??? if so where do i get it from ??
    Did you update to 2.2.1 and then used Quickpwn? Cause if you did then you're screwed. The updated modem breaks the unlock process, which is probably why yellowsn0w isn't working for you. You were supposed to wait for Pwnage to come out, so you could create a custom firmware where baseband update is disabled.

Thanks

i did not upgrade the firmware just upgraded yellowsn0w through cydia and thats where the problem started.

like i said i got 0.9.6 back again fro installer and it is up and working again.

just wanted to see if it was just me who had a problem.

thanks guys

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Glad it's working again. Strange that it works for me and others but not you. Post you results on the Dev-team blog. Who knows

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So let me know if i'm understanding this anwer to the question right, if you updated the Firmware to 02.30.03 then you can unlock using yellowsn0w as long as the fw version is 2.2.1?

Hey it's not working for me either. Last week I tried to unlock and got some signal, which kept dropping. Now, with 0.9.7, all I ever get is No SIM. I did not upgrade to 2.2.1. I used QuickPwn, but a different SIM was in at that point. Any ideas?

Hey. My phone just won't unlock. I've redone the whole thing lots of times... Quickpwn is no problem, and I even got T-mob signal a couple times last week, for a minute or so a time. But now, no matter what, a flat out No SIM installed. What is going on? Please please help! Is there anything else I should try?
    Last edited by angela78; 2009-01-31 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i got my 0.9.6 back from Installer who are not as quick as Cydia at putting updates on.... so i would uninstall from Cydia and go to installer and get 0.9.6 back.

Ok, so it looks like some users are having problems with the new yellowsnow update.

is there any chance someone could post a "how to" on reverting back to 0.9.6?

.. Please?

Cos right now I'm pretty much stuck.

Scrap that, it just randomly started working..

I'm not sure what I did.

:s
    Last edited by bentles; 2009-01-31 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

0.96 is hard to find because the Dev-team instructed all repositories (Cydia, Installer, etc) not to host it, but to only provide a link to their site.

So to downgrade, you must Google for a zipped version. Took me over 2 hours to find 0.96. Earlier versions are easily located.

I'm fairly sure MMI won't allow the file nor a link due to these restrictions, but good luck. It can be found

Thanks

Mes I sent you it on private message did you get it ???
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes, Thank you

pratt1503, please can you send me details on how to downgrade from 0.9.7? 0.9.6 was perfect, and now my phone says No SIM with the new yellowsn0w.. Installer has 0.9.7 now.. so that method fails..

TheWarlord.

I can't open the quickn0wn, can't open the quickpwn either
    does anyone know the wrong with that
    I have .net framwork 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 installed on my computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast