Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yellowsn0w 0.9.7

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

The link below is the best way to get yellowsn0w 0.9.6 back without going into your iphones system.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...3g-iphone.html

Hope ths helps
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

thanks pratt, the quicksn0w worked, but it's not as stable as 0.9.6 was before i upgraded it to 0.9.7.. i guess the final hard unlocking(via baseband flashing, not software daemon) will be the real stable unlock for 3g.. yellowsn0w has lots of problems

I dont know if you guys have this problem, but since i updated to 0.9.7, my WiFi keeps turning OFF when i reboot.

WTF? anybody getting this problem too? i think it's the yellowsn0w.

Also, when i try to log in to my yahoo! mail via safari (dont ask, my school blocks the mail app...), it wont keep cookies and safari tells me to log in every friggen second! you guys get this too? i dont know if yellowsn0w is behind this one...

I have the same issue with the WiFi turning off. Also it will lose signal after a while and never come back.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    let me get this straight, i open cydia yesterday to see whats up new changes and stuff and there i found the yellowsnow update to 09.7 i didnt do it yet, coz im not sure of what it is,

my question to you guys who have problem with this is.. did you upgrade your fw using any kind of method then update your yellowsnow or did you udpate it only through cydia without doing anything else? i dunno what to do with my iphone. im a vista user. reply would be great

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeproks77 View Post
    let me get this straight, i open cydia yesterday to see whats up new changes and stuff and there i found the yellowsnow update to 09.7 i didnt do it yet, coz im not sure of what it is,

my question to you guys who have problem with this is.. did you upgrade your fw using any kind of method then update your yellowsnow or did you udpate it only through cydia without doing anything else? i dunno what to do with my iphone. im a vista user. reply would be great
    Stay with 0.96 unless you need it!! BTW: FW2.2.1 needs 0.97, FW2.2 does not (0.96 best)

Thanks

Greetings Everyone,

I currently have firmware 2.2 and yellowsn0w 0.96 and it works great. What do new iPhone 3G users do if they have firmware 2.2 but Cydia is installing yellowsn0w 0.97? I don't know if I am comfortable installing a non dev team bundle of Quickpwn and yellowsn0w 0.96 called QuickSn0w_v0.96_for_3G.exe.

1. Does Dev team have a response to this issues of stability problems in 0.97 in regards to the 2.2 firmware, not the 2.2.1 firmware? There have been many reported problems with yellowsn0w 0.97, unsucessful unlocks and WiFi problems.

2. Maybe the Dev team can post a different source than apt9.yellowsn0w.com for yellowsn0w 0.96, so people can install the most stable version of yellowsn0w in Cydia.

I should add that I am referring to people who buy a new iPhone 3G with 2.2 firmware, jailbreaking it and then try installing Yellowsn0w through Cydia, which will be 0.97 now.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-02-02 at 10:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking 3g with FW 2.2 w/ Yellow snow 0.9.7 keeps Flight mode on and off?
    this is weird my wife's iphone 3G with 2.2 it keeps on and off her flight mode unlocking with yellow snow 0.9.7 ?

and im using 2.2 with yellosnow 0.9.6 running smooth,everything works too

any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Go back to 0.96. Copy /usr/bin/yellowsn0w from your phone to her's Reboot. Bingo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

neilgmac (2009-02-03)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'll try that.....thanks bud

Thanks

JOEFX posted step by step instructions on how to downgrade yellowsn0w to 0.96 in another thread, including a link to download yellowsn0w.deb version 0.96.

Here is his link:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...w-0-9-6-a.html

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

The idea of the Dev Team putting another link for Yellowsn0w 0.9.6 is a very good idea. As there seems to be a lot of problem with 0.9.7 with 2.2

And yes Quicksnow is there but like it has been said before we would all prefer to use Dev Team everytime.

Any chance anyone could as the ????
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

I think because you have 3g and Data roaming ON. Turn both of them OFF and the problem should go away.

Let me know if it works out,
    iPhuong

Quote Originally Posted by angela78 View Post
    Hey it's not working for me either. Last week I tried to unlock and got some signal, which kept dropping. Now, with 0.9.7, all I ever get is No SIM. I did not upgrade to 2.2.1. I used QuickPwn, but a different SIM was in at that point. Any ideas?

Hey. My phone just won't unlock. I've redone the whole thing lots of times... Quickpwn is no problem, and I even got T-mob signal a couple times last week, for a minute or so a time. But now, no matter what, a flat out No SIM installed. What is going on? Please please help! Is there anything else I should try?
    I think because you have 3g and Data roaming ON. Turn both of them OFF and the problem should go away.

Let me know if it works out,
    iPhuong
    Last edited by tucapital; 2009-02-06 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12