Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frustrated AGAIN with quickpwn.

Default Frustrated AGAIN with quickpwn.
    Please help me. I searched the forums using the search bar but couldnt find a simple answer to my dilemma. I just got a 2g 8gb locked iphone. It was already on 2.2 fw. I have a Mac running OS 10.4.11. I downloaded Quickpwn and followed the steps correctly. The phone went to the white screen DFU mode for about 10min then restarted. It still says "No SIM card installed"
    Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPHone. I'm trying to JB/unlock it for tmobile. What did I do wrong? Should I find a Windows computer? Should I try Pwnage Tool. I downloaded Quickpwn 2.2 from Big Bosses site.

Also, when I try to run Quickpwn iTunes starts and says "This iphone cannot be activated......." I click OK and let quickpwn run. I downloaded the correct firmware and put it into a folder like iclarified said its says "Looking for firmware bundles, no bundles found" then it downloads whats already in the folder. I put quickpwn and the resotre files in the same folder but it can't see it? Should I just pwn my phone on a PC?

Update: I ran quickpwn again. I got to the white screen on my iphone and the ihaze success screen on my Mac. It sat there for awhile then rebooted but nothing afterwards. Still says insert a sim card to activate. I saw Quickpwn doesnt activate the phone so how do I "activate" it?
    Last edited by mark1914; 2009-01-30 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Hi use the link below it worked for me on my 2G phone and is the easiest way to jailbreak and unlock.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...n-windows.html

hope this sorts it for you

i would try this one. its the one i refer all members to. make sure you START with your phone in DFU mode

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1557
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.