Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serious problem with iphone

Default Serious problem with iphone
    I haven't found any answers on my particular problem in the forum.... sooooooo,

The Iphone has locked itself. I have tried to push the the power button and the home button at the same time to reset it, but I can't get it to show up in Itunes. The Iphone keep on flicking from black screen to dock-connector graphic. I have notice the screen also fades when I connect the dock-connector into first gray color and then it appears like stripes all over the screen.

How do I reset it? I think its 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 don't know exactly since I am the 2nd owner.

Please help, any suggestions appreciated. I am really stuck!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I would put it into DFU mode and restore it to be sure
    How do I do that? I thought that is what I been doing by pressing power and home button. Is there any other software I can try to try to get it to appear?

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

you SHOULD NOT restore just download Ziphone ( www.ziphone.org ) select advanced features and select phone mode,you DO NOT NEED RECOVERY OR DFU,just choose normal mode and your phone gonna boot up now!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

maximkokorev (2008-03-04), torbien (2008-03-03)

I have the Ziphone, I go to advance mode, but then? Do you mean "Activate Iphone" or "Unlock phone for any carrier". Ziphone version is 2.5

thanks in advance

Torbien

Thanks

no no
    click to show advanced features-then change phone mode-and then press Normal Mode

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    no no
    click to show advanced features-then change phone mode-and then press Normal Mode
    Ohhh, Ahaa. However you need to explain more slowly......

"Click to show advance features"; where? how? in Ziphone? ( Ifeel stupid, but I'll learn)

"Change phone mode" where? How? (be patient, I'll learn)

"Normal mode" I found that. However my phone is not appearing either in Itunes (7.6.1) or any were else. (should I have itunes on, while doing this) What is the difference with the different modes; DFU, recovery or normal mode???? Isn't it weird it is not responding. It is flicking of and on between black screen to the doc-connector screen.????

I am appreciate your answers since I think we're on to something here

Thanks

ok lol i will explain,but you neeed to thank me through the button (know how to do this?)
    HAHA!!!!
    1-open Ziphone
    2-put the phone in recovey mode(hold home+power for 1 min)
    3-Open ZiphoneGUI and There press"click to show advanced features"
    4-there you will see "start up modes of an iPhone"
    5-choose "normal mode"
    6-Wait!
    7-Done!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

i also have a new iphone but my PC(Win XP) when running Ziphone 2.4 is not detecting the iphone when plug into the cradle. Do you know what is wrong? thanks.

Ok, I think you might be using Windows, is that right? You see my GUI don't have "click to show advanced features". I can choose either to "One-clickAction" or "Advanced". If I choose the last one I will have 6 different boxes to check.
    1. Jailbraeke ( Iphone or Itouch)
    2. Activate Phone
    3. Unlock Phone for any carrier
    4 Change phone's IMEI (then I can type in 15-16 digit IMEI#)
    5. iErase BL 3.9 baseband
    6. Downgrade 4.6 BL to 3.9 & Flash / unlock 4.03

And under the software menus I find underneath "Mode" restart in DFU mode, restart in normal mode. Iguess I use the last one and I check the box "activate phone" or??????

Sorry to be such a looser on this thing......I have however found the "Thanks" bottom:-) I will press it soon..............;-)

Thanks

ahhhh.... you Have a Mac i thought windows... then you should do it through the Independence!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

no no
    It is very frustrating!!!!!!

I have tried to get independence to recognize my phone, and it just wont. I have tried to push home+on button for a minute . I have tried to have Itunes running and not running while I use independence. I have even tried to use an Firewire cabel instead of USB. But nothing happens????????

It says Disconnected:Waiting for Iphone..........

Any sugestions??????

Thanks

Then try to restore to 1.1.4 through iTunes and then Ziphone it..... you can do it for Mac!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

**** I am bad at these things, Apple IPie, but your my partner in crime. I did really try to read how I am suppose to do it....
    I have downloaded 1.1.4 from the above download section. Then what, How exactly will I go about it. It must be something with holding down a key when opening Itunes since my phone is not detected......please

Thanks

to make a restore just hold home+power untill iTunes detects it.... And then press restore

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

to make a restore just hold home+power untill iTunes detects it.... And then press restore
    Hi Apple pie, COuld you provide some solution for me?
    My iphone cannot be detected by ziphone. it say "0 devjce paired" and it stop. Do i need to use itunes to locate the iphone first before running the ziphone? My iphone is fresh from e box 2 days ago. Thanks.

Thanks

Ok,you just need to make your iPhone to go to Recovery Mode (to do this hold power+home) and wait for 1-2minutes,your phone will show a picture with iTunes and a USB,then iTunes will tell you that" it found iPhone in recovery mode and you need to restore it befor continue using with iTunes" click ok,then run Ziphone with parametr Do It All

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

dexterleong (2008-03-04)

Ok,you just need to make your iPhone to go to Recovery Mode (to do this hold power+home) and wait for 1-2minutes,your phone will show a picture with iTunes and a USB,then iTunes will tell you that" it found iPhone in recovery mode and you need to restore it befor continue using with iTunes" click ok,then run Ziphone with parametr Do It All
    Thanks. I finally got it unlock. have not tested it yet. Can i ask one more question? Do i need to install e BSD subsystem and patch e appsupport? as i had read that it is recommended? Thanks

Thanks

you need to install BSD Subsystem it AFTER unlock,as I do not usually reccomend to install App Support Patch. I do not use Customize,I use just SMB so if you want ALL apps running install!

you need to install BSD Subsystem it AFTER unlock,as I do not usually reccomend to install App Support Patch. I do not use Customize,I use just SMB so if you want ALL apps running install!
    Hi apple pie, I used ziphone2.4 to unlock. Shld i have used ziphone 2.5c?? secondly how can i chk my current firmware? need to install additional software? thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast