Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating/Unlocking an out of the box iphone w/o SIM?

Default Activating/Unlocking an out of the box iphone w/o SIM?
    Hi all,

I'm pretty much a newbie at iphones - I've been interested for a while and have been trying to keep up with everything and doing my best to research what's going on. What I'm getting is that ZiPhone is awesome and pretty much everyone's dream, but I'm still left with one question that I think I can't find the answer to cause I'm so ignorant.

If I get my hands on a new iPhone without buying an AT&T sim card along with it, will I still be able to unlock it so it functions with my T-Mobile subscription, and if so how? Does ZiPhone allow for that?

I hope this isn't a too stupid question and that this is the right forum. Be gentle!

-G
    Last edited by trailingsolace; 2008-02-29 at 11:23 PM. Reason: clarification

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no you dont need a sim.. and the sim is already in the phone.. free
    If i helped hit Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trailingsolace View Post
    If I get my hands on a new iPhone without buying an AT&T sim card along with it, will I still be able to unlock it so it functions with my T-Mobile subscription, and if so how? Does ZiPhone allow for that?
    You do not need to have a SIM in the slot to perform the activate, jailbreak, & unlock process. After your done, just pop in you T-Mo SIM and you are good to go.

Do you know what firmware and version iPhone you are getting?
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

Rvlyssup~I have a question for you. If you have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone and after activating, jailbreaking, and unlock, are you able to just pop your existing sim card in or is there more to the process regarding using an existing sim card????

when we say unlocked i means unlocked you re free to use your iphone from any GSM network what ever country you lived in