Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone possibly broke my iPhone.

Default Ziphone possibly broke my iPhone.
    I used the ziphone unlock/jailbreak method but for some reason when i plug it into itunes it recognize the phone but there's nothing more to it. I can't put songs or anything to it no options are loaded. is there a way to restore things back to normal and possibly re-jailbreak it???? Help Please!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hold power button and home button until it has the plug and itunes logo which puts u into restore mode then restore via itunes while phone is plugged in and have make sure you have the firmware you want to use to restore too
    Last edited by boredpnoy; 2008-02-29 at 08:39 PM.

yeah i've already tried that but i gotten no luck. I'm affraid if i go return it to apple they will notice that it's been tampered with. has anyone ever experienced the same problem??

Hi .. Tell me now hows your phone acting now can you see the icons or anything can you explain pls so i can try to help

Sure...the phone is now working fine with all icons, youtube; however, everytime i plug it in it would launch itunes but it wouldn't sync my phone sorta speak. It recognize that there's an iphone but that's it. and on the right it's just a blank iphone screen, instead of showing memory/photo/contacts/etc.

I fixed the problem...i plugged it into another computer and once i opened up itunes, it asked me to set up the phone as new phone or vice versa. clicked set up as new phone and done. Because if your comp is having the same software issue that i did then i guess you can just try what i did.
    Last edited by madds7ylez; 2008-03-01 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost