Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Unlocked iphone 3G using Gevey-3G sim adapter

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default An Unlocked iphone 3G using Gevey-3G sim adapter
    i finally unlocked my iphone using gevey-3G adapter
    it works fine till now
    but with only one issue
    every time i connect to itunes it knows that the sim is invalid and i MUST remove the adapter every time i connect to itunes to sync data
    any solution for that ?
    thanks alot in advance

Jailbreak it using Pwange tool. While jailbreaking, the program will ask you whether you are using valid iPhone carrier. Click No and that will make your phone sync with iTunes without any trouble.

You can also put the phone in airplane mode while syncing if you dont want to jailbreak it, but you'll need to restart the phone after you're done syncing to get back the signal.
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ausdhnj For This Useful Post:

minawagdi (2008-09-27)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

your favorite phone is the samsung a117? wtf?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

i'll try to set it in plane mode because i dnt want to jailbreak
    my old phone stuck after jailbreak+unlock with ziphone

Ziphone was your problem. Crap software. Dev team software is 100% safe. Just a FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    your favorite phone is the samsung a117? wtf?
    Sometimes you feel like you wanna use a phone for its calling and texting abilities.
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ausdhnj View Post
    Sometimes you feel like you wanna use a phone for its calling and texting abilities.
    Exactly as we already know lack of very simple features which make the iphone really sucks (sometimes) for example u dnt have timers, and video call, .... some basic feature which are STANDARDS in simple mobiles

so, any updates? did setting it in airplane mode work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ausdhnj View Post
    Jailbreak it using Pwange tool. While jailbreaking, the program will ask you whether you are using valid iPhone carrier. Click No and that will make your phone sync with iTunes without any trouble.

You can also put the phone in airplane mode while syncing if you dont want to jailbreak it, but you'll need to restart the phone after you're done syncing to get back the signal.
    this option isnt in the quickpwn ? iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your 2.1 3G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by minawagdi View Post
    But the option is there in pwnage tool. How about if my phone is activated using a valid carrier like AT&T. Do I still need to check the activate while pwning?

Thanks

I think pwnage is for mac and I don't have mac I use windows

i used quickpwn following iclarified.com instructions.

I used the Gevey card but it has locked up using V2.2. How can I get around this issue? If jailbroken can I then go back to cards later?

Quote Originally Posted by mitch8775 View Post
    I used the Gevey card but it has locked up using V2.2. How can I get around this issue? If jailbroken can I then go back to cards later?
    None of these sims are working with the 2.2 update. You have to wait for a way to downgrade your phone. If you updated using itunes you must've updated the baseband too.

he is right, the 2.2firmware for 3g have a baseband update, iphone dev, iclarified, modmyi, even cydia have warning to warn ppl that do not update 3g with quickpwn, it'll up date the phone. there's a way to do this, but i don't think it's easy to do. by theory it will work, but who knows, find a way to corrupt the baseband, downgrade it using firmware 2, then upgrade to 2.1, i done this long time ago with 2g phone. long story, it was at 2.0.2 and my baseband got interupted when upgrade and got corupt, so end up every firmware i try, it will not update. until i drop it down to 1.1.4, then it did the job. that was my second iphone i done. lol. a lot of screw up. but i done over 100 iphone2g/3g/ipod. lol. so don't have any excuse to screw up one. but this is a theory. cant say how to do it, or it work.

Quote Originally Posted by minawagdi View Post
    i'll try to set it in plane mode because i dnt want to jailbreak
    my old phone stuck after jailbreak+unlock with ziphone
    any news on the plane mode, cause gevey says to not use plane mode - is it because of need to restart?

Ruben

Thanks

I use a Gevey 3g and it worked great. I would even plug my iphone in to itunes without switching to airplane mode. I was able to upload all kinds of music and video with no problems.

However, I wonder if that's the reason why my adapter finally gave out on me?? It only lasted me about 3 weeks. *sigh*