Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 191 MB of "other" space in use

Default iPhone 191 MB of "other" space in use
    My iPhone is working like a champ and some apps in 1.1.3 crash but i can live with it, since some of them have been fixed

The real problem...or issue since it doesnt bother me that much.

I used ZiPhone to unlock Jailbreak and activate the phone, one thing concerns me, i connected my iphone to iTunes and there are 191.7 MB of space that seem to be under "OTHER" which is thew same problem i encountered with the soft unlock/activate/jailbreak from the dev team.

I was actually thinking of the solution of downgrading the phone back to 1.1.1 and all the way to 1.1.3 again using itunes, then jailbreaking(with ZiPhone of course), with this done i check the phone to see if the damned thing is still there right? if its not there i simply run anysim. its not a cry for help

Im just wondering if anybody has a better solution for this issue. And I know for a fact many people have this issue as well.

As additional information:
    iPhone 1.1.1 OTB
    8 gigs
    Currently on 1.1.3 j/a/u ZiPhone 2.3(still haven't tried 2.4)

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterrage View Post
    My iPhone is working like a champ and some apps in 1.1.3 crash but i can live with it, since some of them have been fixed

The real problem...or issue since it doesnt bother me that much.

I used ZiPhone to unlock Jailbreak and activate the phone, one thing concerns me, i connected my iphone to iTunes and there are 191.7 MB of space that seem to be under "OTHER" which is thew same problem i encountered with the soft unlock/activate/jailbreak from the dev team.

I was actually thinking of the solution of downgrading the phone back to 1.1.1 and all the way to 1.1.3 again using itunes, then jailbreaking(with ZiPhone of course), with this done i check the phone to see if the damned thing is still there right? if its not there i simply run anysim. its not a cry for help

Im just wondering if anybody has a better solution for this issue. And I know for a fact many people have this issue as well.

As additional information:
    iPhone 1.1.1 OTB
    8 gigs
    Currently on 1.1.3 j/a/u ZiPhone 2.3(still haven't tried 2.4)
    I believe that used space is for the application of iphone (phone, sms, camera, maps, safari...)

Because if you look at your itunes, you will see, music, video (if you have any), photos (if you have any), and the only one left is for "other space" which must be everything else on your iphone which is application. If that space is 0 then your iphone will be completely blank with no functions at all

ya thats just the space used for apps and such
    i have 180-something MB used of other.
    its because i have a million things installed...

i have a feeling that if you go thru the pain of downgrading, upgrading, jailbraking/activating, and re-installing all your crap, that you will find that you have the same condition

It makes sense....though i used to have 7,3 gigs (of course i Assumed that the 0.7 missing was the hidden partition regarding OS of the iphone an stuff).

So you mean to say this is normal? it didnt happen before and i have a friend with a OOTB 1.1.2 and doesnt have this issue....but then again if its normal i guess i cant ***** about it .