Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So i tried to unlock my iphone

Default So i tried to unlock my iphone
    I recently bought a second gen. 16gb iphone to replaces my 8gb iphone. I udated and restored then ran my quickpwn program to unlock and jailbrake. Everything went fine but when i put my sim card in it, it does not read it. went to setting and it doesnt have the carrier option. What do i do to fix this?

Thanks

second gen? You talking about the iPhone 3g? Cuz If you are and you are trying to use a carrier other then att it won't work unless you have a globally unlocked iphone 3G

no the none 3G one

Thanks

ok, I just read this in another thread a couple of secs ago, restore and do quickpwn again with the simcard already in there , when bootneuter starts an does all the unlocking, you should be good

ok, I just read this in another thread a couple of secs ago, restore and do quickpwn again with the simcard already in there , when bootneuter starts an does all the unlocking, you should be good, thanx button in advance LOL
    Last edited by z3r01; 2008-09-27 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

mart_292 (2008-09-27)

wish i could say thanks but it still doesnt work... its like its not reading the SIM. i tried importing my contacts and it did nothing. ive restored it 3 times already and the samething has happened all 3 times. It doesnt say no SIM or no service all it has is the bars. but no carrier name or edge symbol

heres a pic of what i have. its just shows the bar and no carrier option. this is with the tmobile SIM card and as you can see the phone has been jailbroken. Maybe quickpwn isnt unlocking it??

anyone?
    Last edited by Rgomez1787; 2008-09-27 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Same thing happened to me. It always happens if you choose the "Activate" option on a legit phone. Try restoring and use Quickpwn with the Activate option turned off, then let iTunes activate the phone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

quickpwn is weird.... restore using a pwned custom firmware
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Same thing. Don't select "Activate" with the Pwn'd firmware
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

selecting activate with the pwned firmware was the only way i could get it to work. its the custom firmware that is pre-activated for me. activating with itunes causes problems for me and all the improper sim errors n what not. restoring to a custom firmware, thats activated/jailbroken/youtube activated/unlocked was the only way to get around all the sim error messages.

are you saying itunes will activate the iphone to a tmobile simcard if we don't select activate in quickpwn? that doesn't make sense lol

i tried using pwnage tool with v2.1 but couldnt find the right bootloaders. So i used quickpwn.

i cant find where it says activate or not in quickpwn

i cant find where it says activate or not in quickpwn
    Last edited by Rgomez1787; 2008-09-27 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

couldn't find the right bootloaders? it comes with pwnagetool lol, or it came with winpwn anyway. you can find the bootloaders anywhere on the net bro, find em, make a custom firmware, and restore

it didnt on mine. I have a mac if that counts for anything

try one of the custom firmwares on this thread. Worked great for me

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...e-2-1-faq.html

the firmwares are here

Index of /
    Black iPhone 4 32gb. MacBook Pro (but still have a Gateway Desktop running Windows 7 Professional)