Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2.1 2G unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 2.1 2G unlocking
    I just got an iphone 2g, 4gb that has been upgraded to 2.1, however the problem lies where I cant unlock or jailbreak it, I try to enter DFU in itunes, and it says this phone is set up for itunes 8 not 4 (trying to rollback firmware and jailbreak/ unlock) If anyone know of any other way to unlock/jailbreak this without downgrading or a workaround, please enlighten me!

Crap now the phone is stuck on the screen with a pic of the usb, itunes, and read my tmobile sime but only emergency calls, and no access to home menu some wanna walk me through on this through IM? I will pay ya
    Last edited by dykzebr; 2008-09-24 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Use Quickpwn.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

dykzebr (2008-09-24)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this activate and unlock the phone as well? I am still using the old 1.1.4 on my other two phones, just scared to update..

UPDATE d/ld quickpwn, and now it says my iphone is in the wrong mode to continue, it is stuck in what I think is called recovery mode, usb cable to and itunes logo...?

update, in the process of downloading software to my phone to jailbreak, will let everyone know how it ends..
    Last edited by dykzebr; 2008-09-24 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

My 2g iphone is royally hosed thanks to QPWN 2.1. I had a perfectly working JB unlocked 2.0.2 FW iphone and decided to update to 2.1. The update went well and I was able to qpwn it and I even made a successfull test call. Next day I had a repair needed message on my screen and it would only go to "emergency call". Tried to restore it with Itunes and all I get is a 1011 error code. Tried to downgrade it to 2.0.2 and it seemed to work although the phone was still not operational. Itunes recognized it with FW 2.0.2 and asked to update it. I even backed up all my pics from it to my Windows Vista PC !! All this while the phone never fully booted up. It was stuck on the Winpwn boot screen through out this whole process. I tried to downgrade the basedband with Ziphone but still no go. Can't restore it, can't winpwn or qpwn it. I have a totally bricked iphone thanks to Quickpwn 2.1. Anybody have any suggestions before I toss the brick out of my window? It would be greatly appreciated.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dykzebr View Post
    I just got an iphone 2g, 4gb that has been upgraded to 2.1, however the problem lies where I cant unlock or jailbreak it, I try to enter DFU in itunes, and it says this phone is set up for itunes 8 not 4 (trying to rollback firmware and jailbreak/ unlock) If anyone know of any other way to unlock/jailbreak this without downgrading or a workaround, please enlighten me!

Crap now the phone is stuck on the screen with a pic of the usb, itunes, and read my tmobile sime but only emergency calls, and no access to home menu some wanna walk me through on this through IM? I will pay ya
    I think what you need to do is upgrade ur iTunes 4 to iTunes 8

Quote Originally Posted by dray View Post
    My 2g iphone is royally hosed thanks to QPWN 2.1. I had a perfectly working JB unlocked 2.0.2 FW iphone and decided to update to 2.1. The update went well and I was able to qpwn it and I even made a successfull test call. Next day I had a repair needed message on my screen and it would only go to "emergency call". Tried to restore it with Itunes and all I get is a 1011 error code. Tried to downgrade it to 2.0.2 and it seemed to work although the phone was still not operational. Itunes recognized it with FW 2.0.2 and asked to update it. I even backed up all my pics from it to my Windows Vista PC !! All this while the phone never fully booted up. It was stuck on the Winpwn boot screen through out this whole process. I tried to downgrade the basedband with Ziphone but still no go. Can't restore it, can't winpwn or qpwn it. I have a totally bricked iphone thanks to Quickpwn 2.1. Anybody have any suggestions before I toss the brick out of my window? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bish4n; 2008-11-12 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dray View Post
    Its almost impossible to brick an iPhone. Specially not the 2G.

You need to be patient. Upgrade to iTunes 8, and do a DFU Restore to 2.1. Make sure your using the right firmware.

DONT USE ziphone to downgrade you baseband etc.
    Im guessing thats what screwed up your phone. Not QuickPwn.

Once you get through with the DFU Restore.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.1 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    ^^ Very good Tut...

Hello,

I hope this can be of some help, as I've done this for 3 2nd Gen iPhones so far, with no problems..

All 3 iPhones had 2.1 when I bought them, locked and unactivated.

I used iTunes 7.7, put them in DFU mode and restored to 2.0.2.
    Ran WinPwn and made custom firmware and unlock them
    Everything ran fine on all iPhones, made calls, ect.
    Downloaded a custom firmware from Here

I chose the iPhone-2G-2.1-custom-activate-nobootlogos.ipsw file

Installed iTunes 8, shift clicked and restored with the 2.1 custom file and it works perfect!